GB #17 Jet age / Recon / Transport Question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Luftwaffe had a lot of machines like this on the go at the end of hostilities but most of them never left the ground or got beyond the proposal stage. What were looking for are the ones that flew.

As Andy say, it would be good to see in the 'Start to Finish' thread as it is an interesting beast.

Ok just thought I'd ask. So the aircraft has to have flown at least once or has it have to be in production ie no prototypes? Does it have to have seen combat? Just trying to nail the rules on this build.

IMO, should include aircraft under construction too...otherwise Igor's Ho IX V3 dosen't count (unless he converts it to the Ho IX V2...)
I would draw the line at purely paper projects.

I posted this question on my thread for my F6F but hope others may see this.

I'm looking for a real picture of the lower air duct in the open position. The picture below is of Rodney Wiliiams Early F6F.
Can anyone provide a picture like this from a real aircraft with the duct in the open position? Or better yet, drawings of the section?

Thanks,
Bill

Another request please.......

I am in need of the markings for two 500 lb GP bombs. I'm hoping some one may have a sheet of bomb markings and can spare two?????

Anyone?

i looking my stuff bill, Sorry I can not be faster but I have trouble enciontrar the book where are all the arsenal of the RAF during the war

Your offer is topps, Paul has found some leftovers and they are in the post.....
We are here to help when we can....

thanks again,
Bill

All of us here at "Meatloaf109" are happy to help; Crowbar, Paul, and our founder, Meatloaf, are here to give the finest in modeling support.
We hope that you are happy with the experience, and if not, Crowbar would be more than pleased to bite you on the ankle. (She is just that way; that is as high as she can reach.)
Happy Modeling!

And meanwhile, please do not be concerned. The Nurse was delayed today, due to extra work load in North Carolina, but has now continued with her rounds. Those still not in receipt of their medication will have a delivery shortly - except Jan, who is now in transit to a comfortable ce... er.. room, wearing this season's latest in specially padded, sleeveless jackets.

I just keep asking for more help, I apologize. Searching for a photo of a particular RF-4C, 1969.

Years ago, I had an artist friend who lived in the S.F. area, I lost contact long ago with Don Moy.

I knew he was in the USAF and served during Viet Nam. I also knew he had crashed and was rescued in country. What I didn't realize is that he was flying Phantom recon out of Udorn in Thailand. Her's what I know.....

June 5, 1969. RF-4C, ser 660388, 432TRW, 11TRS, was hit by 57mm shells West of Ding Hoi and crashed. Col. Ralph Findlay and Capt. D. (Don) M. Moy were rescued by USAF helicopter, perhaps up to three days later.

I have photos of other 432TRW aircraft, but would like nothing better than to find one of this A/C. I can only find snippets of the account of the crash and rescue and nothing of injuries. I believe Don received injuries that caused his discharge from the AF, but do not know that as fact. If I can find something I want to build this A/C, however I'm not sure it suits this GB, but is recon?

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hey Bill, I deleted your (and everyone else's)email address. If you PM it to me I'll try send you a Zip File and I will keep looking for your aircraft(14 books to go through)

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back