GB 28 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had to go back to check the #28 again....:oops: :lol:

Nov 1st- Sunday Mar 6th 2016 - GB 28-Night War of WWII, Allied or Axis.
Anything related to night operations such as bombers, night fighter, pathfinders, espionage operations and intruders.

I've been looking forward to this GB for awhile. I will be doing a Revell Vega Ventura with a night fighter conversion from Owl along with lots of resin upgrades as well. The plane will be the Coral Princess from VMF(N)- 531 operating in the Salomon Islands. If I have time, I have a Fine Molds Judy as well.

CorralPrincess_zpsb8638d8e.jpg

That'll be an interesting one Chris!

Yeah, me too but I would need to locate a pricey resin conversion set to convert the nose from the bomber version.

Andy... r u planning on converting a 88A to a 88C or G? I've been eyeing the Dragon Ju 88G-6 as a possible subject but I'd probably have to pay a premium to get one.

No, that comment had to do with making a Do-217N. There is a conversion set by Koster that allows you to create the N from an E but it costs twice as much as I paid for the kit.

I already have the Dragon Ju-88G-6 in the Cyber Hobby boxing and that's the one I have lined up.

No, that comment had to do with making a Do-217N. There is a conversion set by Koster that allows you to create the N from an E but it costs twice as much as I paid for the kit.

I already have the Dragon Ju-88G-6 in the Cyber Hobby boxing and that's the one I have lined up.

Gotcha! There are lots of other potential candidates so I'll keep looking. Since I'm thinking about doing a Toryu, two twin-engined aircraft in a single GB would probably be pushing it anyway.

Right now I am leaning towards the 1/48 Revell Bf-110 G. It is in the stash and I pulled the box just yesterday to have a peek. I will need to decide soon as I will have to order canopy masks for her.

Cheers,

Jeff

I agree with that ! The '110 canopy is quite awkward to mask, more due to the curves at the top than anything else, so if masks can be had, it should reduce the fiddling about quite a bit.

110G is definitive night fighter and will be good to have at least one in this GB.

I've been searching around looking for a bird that doesn't have a typical dark, single-color night scheme. The Luftwaffe offers lots of choices in this regard but given that I am planning a Ta152H-1, a 1/32 Dora and maybe a 109K-4 for GB 29, I thought it'd be good to try at least one non-Luftwaffe night scheme.

In my research, I stumbled on this bird...

F6F-3NVMFN-534Guam8-44.jpg

A Hellcat has been on my to-build list and the Eduard kit seems to be a good one so I think I'll make this F6F-3N my first subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back