GB 28 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Eduard kit has ARRIVED from Sprue Brothers along with the QuickBoost F6F-3N conversion.

eduard8221reviewbg_box.jpg

48185.jpg

Release the hounds!

Not sure whether to continue with the complex conversion of the 1/32nd scale Mosquito to a FB.VI, or start on a 1/48th scale Lancaster which will be part of a largish diorama for which I need space that I doubt I have (!), or do the Italeri Stirling, to replace the Airfix kit currently being done for a commission diorama for a museum. That's if, of course, I can get my hands and wrists to bl**dy well work !
And I still haven't finished the Spitfire (or the two F-104s), or started on the Typhoon for the second entry in the current GB !!!

Quick question...this aircraft...de Havilland or Rotol front end...?

ju h W3848.JPG

...pretty sure I'm going to have to get a de Havilland prop. If so, I can order one from Quickboost. Much obliged for the info.

Geo

Had alook online at kit contents and they dont have those, but got a load of spares at home, will look tomorrow !

Edit.

Looked at contents of my airfix Mk Vb kit and it has the prop and spinner from you picture !

You want 'em Geo ?

Last edited:
If that's W3848, and I'm fairly sure it is, then yes, it's a De Havilland prop.
At first, I thought it was the earlier, 'blunt' spinner Rotol, as fitted to the MkII (not to be confused with the later, broad-chord Rotol with longer, 'pointed' spinner), but then I remembered a photo in the 'Mushroom' Spitfire MkV book, showing the same aircraft from the front, with the DH prop.

Thanks Karl. I do have a de Havilland prop in my Airfix Mk,I/II kit I can rob but it will need to be replaced as the 57OTU aircraft I want to build will require one as well. Quickboost has a nice set designed for Tamiya.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back