GB 28 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will a b-24 qualify or a Wellington mk1 I wanted to do a 1/32 f6f, but decals for FAA night fighters are nowhere to be found

Wellington is good, I think some B-24s were involved in Carpetbagger mission. I'll have a look.

Geo

Thanks my friend, I would like to do the 1/48 Revell b24. My skillset for the Wellington(Trumpy) is still ahead of me and what I paid for that kit, I do not want to butcher it

"Carpetbaggers"

Looks like the B24 will work. Just need some photos
"From August 1943 until the end of the war in Europe, specially modified B-24Ds were used in classified missions. In a joint venture between the Army Air Forces and the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) code named Operation Carpetbagger, pilots and crews flew specially modified B-24Ds painted with a glossy black anti-searchlight paint to supply friendly underground forces throughout German occupied Europe. They also flew C-47s, Douglas A-26 Invaders, and British de Havilland Mosquitos." from wiki

I think so. Keep in mind that the theme of GB 28 is night warfare. The Wikipedia entry for the F6f Hellcat says,

If you can find markings for a Hellcat NF Mk.II, I'd say go for it. The 1/72 Eduard F6F-5N release has markings for a Hellcat NF...

Art-Grumman-F6F-5N-Hellcat-Mk.II-NF-FAA-892NAS-KD127-Drem-Airbase-Great-Britain-May-August-1945-0B.jpg

I have the roundels for this. Just need a white x and KD 27. any one?

Attachments

• hellcat.jpg
    hellcat.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
If this is correct, Jerk's Natural and others from this bomber group would qualify. I think it says the Hellcat above was re-formed in April 45 meaning this would qualify as well. Judges?

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 99
What was wrong with your Liberator?

Nothing I guess, just don't have the space in the winter to get the paintwork done without pissin off the wife. So I decided I would stay out of this build and do a smaller plane,so I have started the awesome Revell 1/48 Annie. Who the hell am I trying to fool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back