GB 49 Split Build - WW2 Night Fighter / Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess we're stretching the WW2 time frame but I'm not going to complain. As for flare rack, not sure if the Swedes would have wanted it but my guess is it would have been loped off already if it was ever there.

Dang it.....my apologies. Spitfire brain working. SPEAKING OF SPITFIRES......I have back-ups. This one next....

1615336594521.png

1615336651638.png

No flare rack on the PRXIX seat - pressurised cockpit, so no external flare pistol port. Not sure about Swedish radios, but a whip antenna would be standard on RAF aircraft.
All pics and profiles I've seen show the spinner colour the same as the overall scheme, but this particular subject might have been different.

Things are progressing nicely and I might be tempted to do this one....

1616095704459.png

Just finished reading an on-line build and there were a few difficulties; cockpit installation interfering with the fuselage/wing fit, some inserts and the fact that there are no locating pins or holes. If I decide, I'll do the one on the bottom right, 3⦾M BR344. I have found a photo of it while it was still on the carrier and I'm sure I have a photo of it in a Middle East revetment.

1616096337943.png

This is what the review in HyperScale says, "3-M/BR344, No.601 Squadron, Malta, 1942. This and the final option are also Malta-based Spitfires. Dark Green and Dark Earth over Sky camouflage are suggested as colours for this aircraft, although Middle Stone/Dark Earth/Azure Blue are also possibilities. What isn't in doubt is the non-standard 'wavy' fuselage demarcation between the upper and lower camouflage colours, which while tricky to paint will result in a distinctive-looking model." I could have sworn the second photo I've seen says it belonged to an OTU squadron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back