*** GB 49 “ WW2 Night Figher/Favourite A/C of WWII ” – Winners - JUDGED COMPETITION ***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a look at some of the first GB competitions in the archives and I have to say every model entered this time would have been a winner of GB01. It's scary how standards have risen by the time GB100 comes around the winner will need to have a working scale engine and a real life midget pilot.
It's scary how much we have Learned since GB01, or my first one in GB07.
There's a lot to learn from this mob!

Yes, I did have fun with this built of the PS888.
Speshially when it came to light the plane was manned by A4's Uncle!
"My uncle, (then) L.A.C George Travers, was the Airframe Fitter for PS888. The Engine Fitter was L.A.C Tex Bainbridge, Crew Chief Cpl. Ron Jones, and pilot S/Ldr. W.P. Swaby, who was C.O. of 81 (PR) Sqn. F.E.A.F.
Uncle George is the man who painted 'THE LAST!' on her port lower nose cowl, after she completed the final operational Spitfire sortie in RAF service, on April 1, 1954, at RAF Seletar, Singapore."

It's always good to find your doing something with a connection on the Forum.
I always find myself backed into a corner, or two. But in the end they are usually a learning experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back