GB 49 Split Build - WW2 Night Fighter / Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, if I were you I would check the shape of the nacelle and the spinner by using of a pic with the plane side view in the scale. The drawings may be not too accurate for some reason.

Could do but the issue is well known, so much so that a correction set was made available. Messerschmitt Bf 110F/G Correction Set Review (Cutting Edge Modelworks 1/48)

2-IFOlmbngVSJoaMCTzy2ypVgAp9He1JKQJKBsH05rDw-hnLpaiQkMwXrxy56ZZ478_5F1clzs1SKfY_Iva0XxVtjI0c70zQ.jpg

Well, #49 I have found has room for scratch work.
Located drawings for camera bay and mounts!
Woohoo. Thought I was gonna have to do an OOB build........ :eek:

Not really sure what to do wes with this.
P-70, p-61, bf-110d, fw-190a, bf 109, mosquito, baufighter, p-38, ju 88, and the list goes on, and the list goes on.......

I've decided I'm going to start with my Hasegawa 1/48 Bf109K-4 and am narrowing down options. Blue 7 of 12/JG27 (I have decals) and White 16 of III/JG53 (no decals) are ranking high but still looking.

I'm down to some kinda Spitfire: several different marks, from Mk.I to Mk.VIII. I also have a Monogram 1/48 Mosquito than can be converted to an NF.XIII but after I bought the resin nose piece I found there are a few issues with the Monogram kit. I'll have to do a bit more research

Blue 7 was my first 1/48 model i built way back in GB 1 !

Already visited that Karl! I have the Japo book with a lot of the photos already, including Blue 7 and am using that to narrow my choices. I might make my own masks for the numbers using my Cricut if I don't have decals for my ultimate choice.

Hello (again) folks:hello2:,

It's been a while since I last posted anything at all here but have been visiting on and off to watch the various builds going on.

If it's ok I would like to join in with a subject that covers both topics for GB 49. I have a 1/48 Airfix Boulton Paul Defiant NF I/II. I have always liked the Defiant particularly in the NF role.

Cheers Greg :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back