**** DONE: GB-57 1/72 Blenheim MK1 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes the Airfix kit looks great in 1:48 ! I downloaded the instruction sheet for it off Scalemates for reference on the cockpit. Couldn't find any cockpit pics of the MK1 online other than the forward view.

blenheimmk1_dual control 1938.jpg

the source: SB-2M103 & SB-2M100A "Talvisota" - update 2 28-5-2014 Ready to DL

blenheimMk1_a.jpg

blenheimMk1_b.jpg

the source: Bristol Blenheim Mk.I Light Bomber - Destination's Journey

Oh that's excellent ! Thanks. I only found one picture of the MK1 lots of the MK2. I can see though the illustrations in the instructions are very inaccurate unless of course there were two different interiors ! I'm definately changing a few things now.

The aft end of the cockpit relies on the instructions I downloaded. The question of which may be questionable in lieu of the pictures Wurger posted. At any rate. The wing spar, plumbing and rear of cockpit are glued in. Not to be altered. The seating arrangements will need some fine tuning as the instructions are quite different.

Blenheim MK1 (7)r.jpg

Blenheim MK1 (9)r.jpg

Blenheim MK1 (12)r.jpg

A few additions along the way. Pilot seat and the console with the throttles. The floor looks a bit wonky. I may try and raise it a bit more so it sits flat instead of sloping down towards the centerline. Depends on how much glue fixed it in and how much it will even be noticeable ! Eyeball exercise further may ensue !

Blenheim MK1 (15)r.jpg

Blenheim MK1 (16)r.jpg

Blenheim MK1 (17)r.jpg

Looking 👀 really good there, how does the floor look 👀 with the fuselage together? Does it fix your problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back