Geedee's 2022 adventures :-) (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Gary. It would be nice to fly a "Chippie" again - haven't dome so since about 1995.
Mate, it was magic !. Simple flying with honest controls...so effortless (Once I figured out how to not overcontrol !

Rightyho... think I've got the video input sussed so if this loads up up OK, I'll add a few separate vids prior the arrival at Osh :)

Some awesome flying by all involved while coping with the disparate speed requirements...we were pedalling like h*ll in the Chippie ! :)

Here's a few enroute to the refuelling pit-stop on the way to Osh

This was the arrival with a greaser of a landing by Eric

We came into Osh via the Warbird routing and it was fun to note the CV22 Osprey that launched as we were on finals and he tried to get behind on our six. I'm in the back of the Chipmonster talking to Eric and keeping him updated on any A/C movements I could see as he was concentrating on the landing and in my best 'Goose' impression, I'm saying "He's getting behind us Mav, do some of that Pilot sh*t " which we both laughed at !!! :)

As per the norm, Eric's arrival on the Green Dot was almost a non-event it was soo smooth !

Thanks all :)

So after parking 126 in her slot next to her stablemates, we had a quick photo op to celebrate my first ever arrival by air
DSCF2321.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

Then it was back to the campsite.....and relax ! :)
IMG_5792.jpg

This batch of pics I'm going to try and show the size of the event (I'll fail miserably ! ) so that those who have not yet been... why not ?!...can get an idea of the sheer scale and diversity of 'stuff' on display.
I'll get to the Plane pics next batch :)

DSCF3010.jpg
DSCF3014.jpg
IMG_5808.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg

Quick drive by of Fighter Town

If I remember correctly we went by bus to an evening meal on the Monday night and took this quick vid out of the top window

Early one evening we jumped in the golf buggies and drove down the far end of the South 40 area for visiting aircraft, to support a great presentation by Joe on Air Racing

I took a vid of the trip back. I've had to split it into 2 vids as its too large to load in a oner. The actual trip back to the campsite...not including the bits I haven't copied here !... was just short of 15 minutes. Now that is sat on a buggy not walking so factor at least another 45 mins for that trip on foot !
And this is just the South 40...there is also an equally large, if not larger parking area called North 40
As an aside, I normally walk around 20ish miles a week at home, during Osh I clocked up 85 Miles walking...my left knee has literally only just recovered this past week and I no longer walk with a limp !
Osh is quite simply frikkin heeeeuge !! :)

Bonus points if you can count all the planes here ...

And here's the remaining part of the same trip :)

Seeing as how I may have a soft spot for the Caddy of the Skies, thought I'd start off with a few pics of some of the 51's on the grass at FighterTown. Once again it was just fantastic to walk into a field and almost lose count of the magnificent airframes just waiting to be visited and not one single rope barrier anywhere to keep you away from them...sheer bliss ! :)
First batch are just some...not all...of the 'Stang's in static mode, with some more to follow
IMG_1835.jpg
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg

The Money Stripe !

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg
IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg
IMG_1920.jpg
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_2474.jpg
IMG_2477.jpg
IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg
IMG_2498.jpg

Just had to take this shot :)

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg
IMG_2520.jpg
IMG_2504.jpg

And here's a few with the clockwork under the hood doing it's biz :)
IMG_2582.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg

My buddy Fred taking MoonBeam out for blast
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_4480.jpg
IMG_3019.jpg

And finally, two thoroughbreds and a wannabe who's biggest attraction at the event was its absurdly loud noise footprint

IMG_4847.jpg

And here's a few with the clockwork under the hood doing it's biz :) View attachment 701008View attachment 701009View attachment 701010

My buddy Fred taking MoonBeam out for blast
View attachment 701007View attachment 701012View attachment 701011

And finally, two thoroughbreds and a wannabe who's biggest attraction at the event was its absurdly loud noise footprint

View attachment 701013
That is some show wright there.

Moving on, here's some more of the static pics.

One of the problems with Osh is that it's just sooo damn big, you take literally thousands of photo's and trying to choose the ones to post is a real nightmare...unless you want the thread to run to 100's of pages :)
DSCF3061.jpg
DSCF3071.jpg
DSCF3077.jpg
IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1772.jpg

Loved this one of my friend Bud Anderson in his early markings

IMG_1833.jpg

This 109 with an Alison with modified exhausts to replicate the original low level route from the DB's was a clever idea

IMG_1862.jpg

And this 109 and her story was simply breathtaking !

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg
IMG_1875.jpg
IMG_2007.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2464.jpg
IMG_2472.jpg
IMG_2548.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2627.jpg