Geedee's (and everyone else's) 'OMG, I forgot the colour !' Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great job Eric and Dave, the shots put you in the action.

Two Texans out on a training mission who knows where, top secret.

Attachments

• T6 Texan training mission.jpg
    T6 Texan training mission.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 87
Here are a couple of Avro products since the company is getting a bit of exposure right now.

Bill Reid's stunning Anson I restoration on the day of its first post restoration flight. This was after the second flight of the day.

18072012008s_zpsfeb3d6d8.jpg

The BBMF Lancaster at North Weald at the end of a flying display day in 1995.

PA474001bws_zpsefaee5fe.jpg

Thanks. Some Spitfire Luuurve.

Spit V BM597 starting up at Duxford in 2001.

BM597001bws.jpg

Brendan Deere's Spit PV270 at rest during its first public outing at a major New Zealand airshow.

PV270ii.jpg

PV270 again.

Spitfireiiiiibws_zpsa30da52f.jpg

MH367 two-seater. Note the Corsair about to make a low lever beat-up, just visible above the 'A' in the Spit's sqn codes.

MH367iibws_zpsb97a9593.jpg

Great stuff, and I love the para-drop shot. The first two jumpers will get twists though!
I'll post some of the two Lancs, and others, when I have time to sort them properly.

Great stuff, and I love the para-drop shot. The first two jumpers will get twists though!
I'll post some of the two Lancs, and others, when I have time to sort them properly.

Yeah, they jumped from 1500', so not a whole lot of room for error. But they all landed safely.

Looking forward to seeing the Lanc pics. I would have LOVED to shoot that. Here's to hoping I'll get two B-29s in the next year or so. :)

Heck, that's high for a military static line jump! The twists can be seen developing, in the rigging lines, caused by a 'less than clean' exit - for example, feet and knees not tight together, or the arm not snapping down smartly.
But, at that height, there'd be plenty of time to 'kick out'of any line twists, and land comfortably.

Nice Mustangs Aaron. Here's some Wild Horses posing nicely in monochrome.

ZK-TAF, stalwart of the New Zealand airshow scene at the end of a display day, 2011.

Mustangiibws_zps5e1ab40b.jpg

Dave Gilmour's (Pink Floyd guitarist) Mustang. Dunno if he still owns it. These work equally well in colour.

VFR004bws_zpse9a3d83a.jpg

VFR005bws_zps3b9324c9.jpg

Mark Hanna taxying for his display at East Fortune in 1999. You can see the wartime control tower under the aircraft's wing in the last shot.

Moose005sbw_zps509658f1.jpg

Moose003sbw_zps686f679b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back