Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also read that some people blame USA for this and, indirectly, the Republic of Kosovo. That is what I read when I googled this up.

Yes I saw the same thing on the news as well.

That is normal though, whenever there is a conflict the USA will take the blame for it. Unfortunatly it is true. In this conflict if it had been USA instead of Russia, the world would be hooten and holloring and calling the USA the evil witch of the west.

It is sort of a fad to blame the US for everything or to find a way to put atleast some of the blame on the US.

As far as I know it is ligitemate to have dual citizenship in such countries as Russia, Canada, US.
If you (or me) ever decide to seek a refugee status in Russia you'll get it and you'll get a russian passport eventually as well if you apply.
As I understand those Ossetians spent years in refuge in Russia and granting them with russian citizenship is not something abnormal.

Yes dual citizenship is one thing. The way this seems though is that Russia was handing out the citizenships like candy to gain a foothold back in Georgia.

Again though I do not fully understand all of this just yet.

As for the dual citizenship, I am fully aware of that. I used to hold American and German citizenship. I only hold American citizenship now.

I think, Adler, no offense, just something that is obvious, it is because USA always sticks its nose where it doesn't belong to and that USA really has a weird foreign policy from time to time.

US should be quiet now because of the Russians or there will be trouble

Oh, and one more thing, the Osetians are descendents of Alans who lived the for a loooong time.

I think, Adler, no offense, just something that is obvious, it is because USA always sticks its nose where it doesn't belong to and that USA really has a weird foreign policy from time to time..

Okay Milos, I'm biting. Other than the dead horse of Iraq, please enlighten us US citizens of where we are effing up the world with our foreign policy? This should be rich.

Ok, why did U go to Iraq, how did Sadam threaten you? Kosovo-- Osetia is a legal part of Georgia although they did exactly the same thing Kosovars did, they had a referendum on independence and it passed with flying colors. Why is Kosovo special? Why can't Osetia and Abkhazia declare their independence from Georgia when it is obvious that they can't live together in peace?

And sometimes it seems that you support Balkan muslims while Middle East ones are being openly attacked and criticized and these in Balkans are no less fanatical than those in the Middle East.

That is what I think and how I see things, hate me for that for it is Your right, but then I can hate you for it is also my right and I have my rights.

Easy there Mongo. Never insult the customer. I only asked a question. Hate never came into the game.

Ok, why did U go to Iraq, how did Sadam threaten you? .

I said that was a dead horse. We have another thread for that. Enjoy it.

Kosovo-- Osetia is a legal part of Georgia although they did exactly the same thing Kosovars did, they had a referendum on independence and it passed with flying colors. Why is Kosovo special? Why can't Osetia and Abkhazia declare their independence from Georgia when it is obvious that they can't live together in peace?

And sometimes it seems that you support Balkan muslims while Middle East ones are being openly attacked and criticized and these in Balkans are no less fanatical than those in the Middle East..

I, nor the US, has weighed in on the legitimacy of the Georgian conflict. In fact, if you read my post I am inclined to agree with Russia with their reaction. This is the third or fourth time you have wrapped yourself emotionally around your own plight and jaded your arguments. Like an elephant (and I am an elephant), I have a long memory.

That is what I think and how I see things, hate me for that for it is Your right, but then I can hate you for it is also my right and I have my rights.

Let's just chalk that portion of your post up to the language barrier and move on. No hate here, Milos. You may hate, but you have no rights on this forum.

Kosovo, kosovo, I'm really getting tired of all this. I don't care what happens down there. I live in Vojvodina and we are also pissed with how Belgrade treats us from time to time. I'm not emotional about it, if U google this conflict, U will find that there are people who hold the Kosovo solution responsible for this conflict.

You are a Republican, so what. Here Republicans are our Radicals and they sometimes behave like elephants with a memory of an elephant. I'm a Democrat and I don't allow anything from the past to interfere with my life, but that can prove very hard. What did U mean by this that I don't have any rights on this forum?

The way this seems though is that Russia was handing out the citizenships like candy to gain a foothold back in Georgia.

We dont know exactly how it was in fact, but we know for sure that having a russian passport is more attractive then the georgian one.
I know, it sounds funny from western perspective but for many people from the ex-soviet states, now, Russia with it's booming economy and political stability, is a land of opportunity.
I dont have statistics on current immigration to Russia, but I've heard it's tens of thousands per year.

You are a Republican, so what. Here Republicans are our Radicals and they sometimes behave like elephants with a memory of an elephant. I'm a Democrat and I don't allow anything from the past to interfere with my life, but that can prove very hard.

Again the language barrier. I never said I was a policital Republican. My reference to being an elephant was metaphorical related to ... nevermind. Drop it.

What did U mean by this that I don't have any rights on this forum?

My comment was in context with your statement of "hate". You can hate all you want. But your comment about having "rights" does not apply to this forum. You want to hate on this forum? I assure you, you have ZERO rights. And the moderators will all back me up on that one.

Any other questions about hating and rights WRT this forum?

Ok, I was wrong with You being a Republican, sorry.

Sometimes I say things I don't mean, but those things that I said in my post are not my opinions. I was completely objective and I said what I hear from others and what I see on the news.

Yes, sometimes I think that USA plays a strange game- political game. I'm not the only one.

My opinion is-- Kosovo, let them have their independence, good luck to them.
-- Russia is not to be blamed for this conflict, alone that is. Both states should sit down and discuss this and find an end to it once and for all.

Ok, and now something completely different....

What do You think is the best solution for this matter?

The US keeps out of it... for now. This looks to be a prime candidate for political discussion. And perhaps Europe could take the lead on this for a change.

There is danger looming here. I understand that a critical oil pipeline goes through this area. Russia has tried to bomb it, unsuccessfully. This pipeline provides the only access to old USSR nations that is not affected by either Russia or Iran. Russia would like nothing more than to control its old subjugates in the oil market. So, stand by. As oil gets more and more critical in the world, you will see more and more aggressive activity. This is why it is critical for the US, and the West, to wean itself off of imported oil or we all will be dragged into these conflicts.

I think Russia would like nothing better than to have Europe dependent on it for energy.

I think Russia would like nothing better than to have Europe dependent on it for energy.

I think that is extremely obvious. Look at Bulgaria. They too have suffered from Russia metering energy to them, and then claiming innocence.

On area that makes me nervous is France and her buddying up with Russia on numerous technological fronts. Not to bash France, but rewarding Russia with
technology transfer with all her faults is in Europe's best interest.

And before forum members jump on me, I too am critical of my own nation's companies doing the same, especially in the aeronautical world.

I think that is extremely obvious. Look at Bulgaria. They too have suffered from Russia metering energy to them, and then claiming innocence.

On area that makes me nervous is France and her buddying up with Russia on numerous technological fronts. Not to bash France, but rewarding Russia with
technology transfer with all her faults is in Europe's best interest.

And before forum members jump on me, I too am critical of my own nation's companies doing the same, especially in the aeronautical world.

so why do not investing on alternatives of oil ? theres ethanol, theres biodiesel, theres that new tech, the hidrogen...

theres a lot of african nations that need investiments where people are poor but have waste lands. they could plant sugar cane, or mamona and also increase the cultivation of food, and they could suply europe and usa with biodiesel and ethanol easily.

also ethanol is less polluant than oil, whatever the global warmin is true or a hoax, the ethanol is good for decrease the pollution in great metropolis.

so why do not investing on alternatives of oil ? theres ethanol, theres biodiesel, theres that new tech, the hidrogen....

Yep. But to date, world economy is such that they are not cost/benefit effectual. But that does not mean they are not being invested in. Jug, your economy is MUCH different than the US and thus ethanol is not a viable alternative for the majority of US needs. In fact, it has been proven that substituting food crops for ethanol actually has dire consequences for the world.

theres a lot of african nations that need investiments where people are poor but have waste lands. they could plant sugar cane, or mamona and also increase the cultivation of food, and they could suply europe and usa with biodiesel and ethanol easily..

If they could grow sugarcane, they could grow food. Both are a commodity that is not available and is causing the death of millions in Africa. Your idea is not realistic.

also ethanol is less polluant than oil, whatever the global warmin is true or a hoax, the ethanol is good for decrease the pollution in great metropolis.

Perhaps, but with crops forced (socio-economically) to be used for ethanol has been proven to result in additional world hunger by driving food prices up. Especially when supported by gov't subsides at the expense of not growing cheap food for the masses. And decreasing pollution?? You can't really believe that unless you are not subject to the US emission requirements. In the US, emissions are at such low levels compared with other world economies that air pollution is not near the levels that you might predict. That even holds true for the US black dog city of Los Angeles. Compared to Bejing, Los Angeles is a vacation spot with respect to air pollution.

I think your "decrease in pollution metropolis" statement is balderdash.

Ethanol uses just as much or more petroleum to produce with today's technology as the same amount of gasoline does. You have to figure in the cost of planting, fertilizing, and harvesting the crop used for ethanol, as well as the cost of transporting it and producing the ethanol from it. Plus, the mileage with ethanol is less than with gasoline so any mileage gain is pretty much a wash.

tom

Sawgrass is a viable alternative it is a plentiful plant that grows naturally all over is much easier to process and more cost efficient then corn

Sawgrass is a viable alternative it is a plentiful plant that grows naturally all over is much easier to process and more cost efficient then corn

Plus, it's not a food crop. BUT, if it is grown instead of corn for fuel, will that not also drive up the price of corn? There is only so much saw grass much that can be economically harvested. Plus, access to saw grass can be a can of bureaucratic and political worms.

tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back