Getting text to show below Attached Forum Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelsup_cavu

1st Sergeant
There is a way to get the picture that you uploaded into the post to show text below that picture.
You need to use the Attach tags.
Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums - BB Code List

The [/PHP]
normal_miracle_kill.jpg

Now you can type your text below the attach tags and it will show up below the picture.

Picture number 2:
Code:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=131611&stc=1&d=1273534190
PHP:
[ATTACH=full]131611[/ATTACH]
IL-2.jpg

Different attachment ID but the text is below it again. :blob8:

There are no pictures below the post either. :thumbup:
Both pictures are attached to this post.

Wheels

Thanks wheels!! I've been trying to figure that out for 3 years now without having to use photobucket or some other to hotlink to!!!

Great one, I've been wondering about how this was done. So I've given it a try and bu**ered if I can make it work, think I'm getting lost between step 3 and 4 and this bit
PHP Code:
View attachment 131610
Needless to say, I'm no wiz with computers. Have you any suggestions........

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Great one, I've been wondering about how this was done. So I've given it a try and bu**ered if I can make it work, think I'm getting lost between step 3 and 4 and this bit
PHP Code:
View attachment 131610
Needless to say, I'm no wiz with computers. Have you any suggestions........

Ok, I see the problem Vic now that I quoted your post.
You are trying to use the attachment ID for the picture that is in my post.
That won't work.
The "attach" feature only works if you upload a picture to the post you are making.
If you upload a picture to your post and use its attachment ID code it should work just fine.

Wheels

That'll help with labeling multiple-image posts...won't have to keep scrolling up and down because I forgot what image #12 was supposed to be a pic of....:oops:

PheasantPlucker.gif

Heh. It works! (and for the record, this image can easily be printed small enough to attach to the back of a retail-store nametag....yep...I'm such a wild and rebellious child...)

Last edited:
Pleeeeassssse help.....:( :(

I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I'm still lost on where to go with this. After I have copied the attachmentID for my picture, I don't know where I can place the ID as I can't find an bit that will let me paste this ID number. :oops: :oops:

When you reply or create a new post, you should get a screen like the pic below. You just add the attach string as well as the picture ID

Attachments

• posting.JPG
    posting.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 208
Step 1.) Attach a picture to the post you are making and preview it. The picture will be shown under the post like normal.

Step 2.) Copy the properties for the picture that you have attached to YOUR post. (Put the properties string of text in the post or look at it with notepad.)
The properties for this picture in this post is:
Code:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=132511&stc=1&d=1274570425

Step 3.) Find the attachementID in the string of text that you copied.
The attachment ID number is 132511 for the picture in my post. (attachmentid=132511)

Step 4.) Type bracket [, the word attach and another bracket ] to close the first word.
example: [/PHP]

This attach feature will not work if you are trying to use an attachment from another post.
The attachment you are using MUST be attached to the post you are making.

This is the attachment I uploaded for this post.
F-14.JPG

Text can be shown below the picture now.
You can also upload more than one picture and have it shown in the same manner.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back