Gloster Gladiator....useful or Useless?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They just wouldn't be laughing

We all knew he meant Roc. Saying simply B-25 is going to cause confusion, as both have the same designation, how are we supposed to know which one you mean Lanc?

well if i refer to the B-25 as a good aircraft, i obviously mean the bomber, if i call it crap, i mean the turret fighter, if it can be called a fighter...............

It was used for live fire exercises, at least you get some form of combat experience against an enemy pilot, even if it is in one of the most awful combat planes ever to fly.

The plane would be used to carry a practice target, basically a large sheet, on a cable that trailed out from the rear of the plane.

Basically, it was usually called a sleeve but resembled a bed sheet.

Like those banner carrying planes, with the banner trailing out the back. That'd been pretty hairy for the pilot in the tug, if the practicing pilots were just crap.

i've never even heard an account of a pilot doing target practice like that, was it common practise??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back