Har har azz hole

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
this is nothing but great !

my bride just sent this to me .......

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions
in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min.' The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting.'

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and punched him on the jaw; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to,
noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, 'What in the world is the matter with you? 'Why did you do that?'
The Marine calmly replied, 'GOD was too busy today protecting American soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me.'

The classroom erupted in cheers!

be my guest D ~

in fact if you guys want to copy/paste go ahead, I am getting really short-fuzed with many I know that have a very dim view of our military personell shedding their guts out for us living in the States and not giving credit where credit is due

Nobody said He did, Brad...but, as this was a UNITED STATES Marine, his thoughts went first and foremost to the UNITED STATES troops. Change the name of the country, and this letter can apply to anybody. There are plenty of forum members who have posted inspirational stories from their respective countries...you can browse the forums and find countless threads along those lines...and you'll also notice, if you take the time to read them, that other members from other countries, including the USofA, line up to applaud, salute, offer up a prayer, whatever the occasion warrants. Please show the same respect, and exercise a little bit of restraint.

</rant>

Erich....FRIKKIN AWESOME! I've seen this one make the rounds via email every so often, and it still makes me wanna stand up and salute the dude!

:salute:

Last edited:
Great! An old friend of mine is retired USMC and he told me this story when we were at our wives high school reunion this past summer. I got so tickled at how much he loved the story I kept chuckling about it all night long.
God bless our vets!
Derek

Oh ok - so it's ok to beat someone to the ground and knock them unconscious just so long as you say it's in the name of God. No matter that this man was standing their silently and not assaulting anyone or otherwise causing harm.

Interesting, too, that the marine speaks of the professor's right to say things and then denies him that right. The marine then exercises HIS right to free speech by beating the crap out of someone - interesting ethics. I guess that people have the right to say things so long as it is what you want to hear.

It speaks volumes of the marine's intellect and, for that matter, the rest of class for condoning it by cheering.

Oh ok - so it's ok to beat someone to the ground and knock them unconscious just so long as you say it's in the name of God. No matter that this man was standing their silently and not assaulting anyone or otherwise causing harm.

Interesting, too, that the marine speaks of the professor's right to say things and then denies him that right. The marine then exercises HIS right to free speech by beating the crap out of someone - interesting ethics. I guess that people have the right to say things so long as it is what you want to hear.

It speaks volumes of the marine's intellect and, for that matter, the rest of class for condoning it by cheering.

I would say each got there say wouldn't you!and since the professor did ask for it "He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min." and god will work in his ways also.I would say it was an interesting turn of events. ;) Cheers

Nobody denied the professor his right to free speech. The professor said his piece....twice, if you will re-read the story. Nobody interfered with his right to say what he did. The Marine also exercised his (well-earned) right to free speech. Which one was right, which was wrong? Neither. The professor made a challenge, and got an answer. He got what he very clearly asked for. He wanted God to knock him off the platform. Whether you want to argue if it was truly God who motivated the Marine to accommodate the professor's wishes or not, that's a theological/philosophical discussion for another forum. If you want to castigate the Marine for defending his beliefs, let me warn you now, you are in for a very steep uphill fight. A long, steep, uphill fight. During a landslide (I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one here who believes the same way...and I'm not talking about any particular faith/religion here, I'm talking about the freedom to exercise one's own beliefs and stand up for what they believe in).

That being said, I'm done with this conversation. Been on too many forums and watched too many dam trolls come in trying to intentionally pick a fight to get baited into another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back