Har har azz hole

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

...I've got my stink eye on you brad. Tread carefully. You have been warned.

Hahahahahhahaha!!!

Ok!! Officially scared!!!

Hey, look, it seems that there are a lot of people on here who simply can't see the other person's perspective when it doesn't align with their own and for that I'm sorry.

I can understand where this marine was coming from but one would think that standing up, going over to the professor, picking him up and taking him off his podium or even gently pushing him off was enough to make a sufficient counter-point. Instead, he went completely over-the-top and physically assaulted this guy and left him unconscious on the floor - frankly, there is no excuse for this.

I asked before what the subject of the lecture was as it is important to the whole thing (if, indeed, the story is true). This professor was allegedly known as an atheist and ACLU member so it's not as though an attendee to his classes is going in with their eyes closed. To know what the lecture was going to be about would not only add credence to the story but might put the whole thing into perspective. One can expect that a different crowd would attend a lecture on "Why God is Great" than to one that was "Why God is a Lie". Knowing would also put a different slant on the professor's action and the marine's reaction.

If, as has been suggested here, the class was part of a Liberal Studies curriculum, then I'm afraid the marine has failed.

Also, anyone who has attended university or otherwise attended classes held by professors will know that many of them will challenge you and encourage you to think beyond your own imagination - that is what professors do. Some can be eccentric in the way they get their message across and some can be affronting but it is all part of the learning process. Maybe he didn't properly gauge the feeling of the class before he attempted his stunt but it still does not excuse physical assault.

As to whether or not I believe in God, I have never stated either way and that was never the point of my original post. Sadly, there are some on here who are playing the man and not the ball.

I, too, have a brother who has served and who is also a regular churchgoer. I recounted this story to him and, well, he was of the opinion that the marine was out of line. Maybe it is just that Australians and Americans have different levels of acceptance of other people's beliefs. In the end, I really don't think it matters either way.

Now...I came on here to find out about model aeroplanes.....

cheers,

bj

Brad, I couldn't tell if you having a laugh at our expense over internet spam about a fictional US marine or you are just stoopid.

Irrespective. Have a nice life.

I sincerely hope Brad was NOT banned over his comments in this thread.

Fictional or not many debates are based on the hypothetical. The fact Brad has had the 'nerve' to disagree with the original post, wow what a crime!
A polite, well compiled response that was quite thought out receives the euphemism 'stoopid' as a response. Well bugger me. It was hardly a trolling response that it seen often around these parts.
I keep out of these debates generally but this is lunacy. In future let us explicably label the threads which do not wish to garner a response other than agreement, saving everyone's time.

Regards,
Alex.

I sincerely hope Brad was NOT banned over his comments in this thread.

Fictional or not many debates are based on the hypothetical. The fact Brad has had the 'nerve' to disagree with the original post, wow what a crime!
A polite, well compiled response that was quite thought out receives the euphemism 'stoopid' as a response. Well bugger me. It was hardly a trolling response that it seen often around these parts.
I keep out of these debates generally but this is lunacy. In future let us explicably label the threads which do not wish to garner a response other than agreement, saving everyone's time.

Regards,
Alex.

Alex - the first sentence of his last reply was his nail in his coffin, that was "STOOPID."

Now with that said, I will repeat something that has been said before on here - the Mods and the Admins are the final authority. To argue with one especially in this context is a losing battle. Opinions were exchanged and so be it, but to continue to bring up one's geo-political philosophies to make a point, especially after they were warned is/ was a losing battle, especially if one is here "to find out about model aeroplanes." The internet is a vast place, if one doesn't like the way things are run here, click "home." If one doesn't like the context of some of the threads on here, don't respond. If someone tries to get "lippy" with one of the Mods, expect a quick launch into hyperspace- it's that simple...

In the thread "Ground Rules For New Folks" please note:

2. The administrators and moderators run a fairly tight ship. We do let some banter go on for a bit, but when any one of us tells you to settle down, just do it. Do not pick a fight with any one of them, because they stand pretty united, and you WILL lose.

3. If you have a problem, question or beef, you can PM any one of us for assistance, if it is handled with respect.

Last edited:
Kind of amazed how a humorous story turned into a religious debate. Oh well, brad had a right to express his opinions, but using insults in his post put the nail in the coffin.

Joe hit the nail on the head. When a thread goes into a religious or political debate, expect the wrath of one of the mods.
There will usually be a warning, maybe two..... but not three.

Here endeth the epistle for today.......

Charles

This is an Oligarchy!!!

-An oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of government in which power effectively rests with a small elite segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, military might, or religious hegemony.

:D

By the way great story! :salute:

Last edited:
Kind of amazed how a humorous story turned into a religious debate. Oh well, brad had a right to express his opinions, but using insults in his post put the nail in the coffin.

Yep, opinions are always welcome, and with ANY group of two or more, there will be differing opinions (rumor has it that if you put two Irishmen in a room, you'll have three different opinions on any given topic). Respecting others' opinions, whether or not they mesh with yours, keeps things civil and offers differing viewpoints and growth/learning opportunities you might not have expected. Bashing someone else's viewpoint/opinion/belief, repeatedly, especially after a mod warning, is just trolling/flaming. I don't know a whole lot about aircraft (my personal interest in WWII lies more in the personal stories), but one of the reasons I choose to keep this website bookmarked and easily accessible in my Bookmark Toolbar is because of the open minds and friendly discussions, and the frikkin awesome mods (+3 brownie-points!) who keep the grill at a low simmer and not open flames. And in the meantime, I've picked up so much info I never even dreamed of! Its actually sad to see someone who hasn't learned to sit back and shut up (I say, after typing several chapters here :lol:) and open their minds.

Sorry for ramblin. Said it before, I love that story, and wish I could find out if its true or not. Having known several Marines (and some less-than-savory educators), I can believe it actually happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back