Hasegawa 1/32 Fiesler Fi -1B Storch Gran Sasso

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another mask one can use is Friskit paper. It used by airbrush artists for masking fine art pieces when spraying ink. Art stores.... mmm, good ones!

It's very thin, soft rubbery material. Sign shops that do acrylic paint spraying cut it on plotters for masks.

***Remember another trick to prevent running under the tape is tp spray the base color, in this case white, After it's taped, this way it seals the edge so the color wont run Under!

Nice job there Vaughn.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys
Small update here, horizontal stabilisers added and sprayed along with the underside of the fuselage RLM65. Masked and a base coat of RLM70 added.
This afternoon I made a start on the splinter pattern, masking the stabilisers and then sprayed RLM 71. All's looking good and will make a start on the rest of the splinter pattern in the next few days.

Attachments

• 140303_0903.jpg
    140303_0903.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 140303_0904.jpg
    140303_0904.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Yep!
I see what's meant by that colour hue now that the second colour provides a contrast - it does look a bit bluish-green on my monitor, but could well be the lighting, as the other green also looks rather bright.
Looking good though, and will be a stunner when finished methinks. Got me wanting to do one in a 1/48th scale diorama.
Must resist, must resist ........

Yeah - I was thinking of the old Esci/Italeri kit, which is reasonable, and can be found at a more realistic price.

Andy, that stupid price on the Tamiya is the understatement of the year so far. I have walked through an open one and it is indeed a lovely kit. BUT, NOT $80 worth of lovely!

Vaughan, damned nice work there and it is GREAT to see your mojo is back.

I got mine here: UMM-USA and they shipped it from US to Canada but you can't buy the stuff here.

I jump into here to ask a question, does anybody know where to buy lead sheets, possibly in Europe? I did a lot of usage of them when I was modelling figurines but now my stock is almost gone.
In my knowledge is the best material to do safety belts and similar stuff.
UMM has got some but I'm afraid shipment will cost a lot.
Alberto

Alberto, lead sheet/foil was available from 'Plus Model', a Czech company, who also supply the lead wire. I haven't seen it in the UK for some time, and the wire is also out of stock at most main retail outlets - I got my last lot from a private importer - so EU laws in some countries might be affecting things.

I have spent the most part of this morning masking off the splinter camo not an easy job, hopefully I will be able to make a start on spraying the RLM 71 tomorrow.

Attachments

• 140403_0905.jpg
    140403_0905.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 140403_0906.jpg
    140403_0906.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 84
  • 140403_0907.jpg
    140403_0907.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back