Hasegawa 1/32 Fiesler Fi -1B Storch Gran Sasso

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Mojo has returned!!!
Thanks guys for all your encouragement I've managed to do a small amount of work on the Storch yesterday and will post my progress later to day all being well.

Well I'm back with only a very small update which ended up needing a lot of work to achieve. If you refer back to my very first post you can see that there were several options as far as colour schemes. I opted to do the Grand Saso version, so I followed that chart and sprayed the wings RLM 70 following up with the decals. Then I found this chart (see below)at the bottom of the box all neatly folded up. On opening it up I realised that this was the additional chart for the Grand Sasso version complete with splinter pattern. If I'd looked at the box art it might have given me a hint.
Anyway the only way round this was to mask the decals very carefully so as not to pull them off and infill with RLM 71. This has worked but what a pain this has been. It's been two steps forward and one step back but I'm getting there!

Attachments

• 142102_0875.jpg
    142102_0875.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 142102_0877.jpg
    142102_0877.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Good stuff Vaughan - and a lesson learned. If in doubt, check the instructions/manual/emergency procedures etc, and all references available, before taking action!

You're not the first person to ask that. I think it must be down to the lighting conditions. Both RLM70/71 are vallejo here's the bottles.

Attachments

• 142502_0883.jpg
    142502_0883.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Anyway the only way round this was to mask the decals very carefully so as not to pull them off and infill with RLM 71. This has worked but what a pain this has been. It's been two steps forward and one step back but I'm getting there!

Just as a matter of interest Vaughan, how did you masked decals? Last time I incidentally put a piece of masking tape on a decal, the latter was peeled-off while removing the tape.
Fortunately I had an additional set of those decals ...
Alberto

Alberto I used thin strips of Tamiya tape to cover the white of the crosses. A small amount of touching up was required but I managed to get away with it. Where possible I used Post-its as they are very low tac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back