Hello folks.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

read46

Recruit
Feb 26, 2010
Originally from Morpeth, Northumberland UK, I took early retirement from teaching and have lived and worked here in the remote west of China since 2003.
I make a couple of trips back to the uk each year and in an attempt to stem the boredom which sets in when I'm here, brought back a few 'kits' to build. In this part of the world there are no model shops!
Unfortunately, upon my return I discovered that my paint supply was carelessly left in the Premier Travel Inn at Kings Cross.
My wife is Chinese and her occupation is a 'nail artist' so my plan is to mix colours from her stock of nail art paints!!
I've brought two Revell kits, Mosquito B Mk. IV and Spitfire Mk. 22/24 and the Airfix Hurricane and Ju 88
It's probably 40 or maybe more years since I built anything and I'm looking forward to getting started.
A great forum and I have enjoyed browsing it.

Hello and welcome from England. I used to spend long weekends and the odd week or two at Warkworth, and did my shopping and lunch in Morpeth. Nice old market town.

Been through Morpeth a few times myself Read, quite small at the time though. Vaguely remember some stone tower in the middle of the high street.
The Mighty Magpies are still top of the Championship and bucking for promotion

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Colin1, yes it's the old clock Tower, and if you have time, no pun intended, to count the minutes around the clock face you'll find there are only 59. I see the results in the Championship are going well for the Mags. Like you seem to be, I too am passionate about the game. However I follow the Mackems!! As a little lad my dad took me to alternate games. One weekend to the SJP and the next to RP. He supported Sunderland and I followed suit.
Airframes, Warkworth, one of my favourite places in the world. As previously mentioned my wife is Chinese and we've visited many places, both in China and in the UK. She was taken aback by the view up from the weir towards the castle. However, when I took her to see the 'great wall on England', she laughed, telling me that the Chinese Wall is better.
Enough, back to my weekend task, the preparing and building and painting of the undercarriage on the Revell 1/48 Mossie. I've found a bright tone of silver from her nail paints which I can dull down with a hint of black. The black, toned down with a touch of white should be ok for the tyres.
Trouble is these specsaver variofocals aren't magnifying enough!!! Don't you just hate it when you discover the wheels have developed horrible middle seams which will have to be got rid of.
All the best to all ............. Read46, my initials and year of birth, Richard.

Try to post some pics of your Mossie in the modelling section when you can. BTW, you've probably already done so, but check that those nail paints aren't cellulose-based - could cause some problems!

Try to post some pics of your Mossie in the modelling section when you can. BTW, you've probably already done so, but check that those nail paints aren't cellulose-based - could cause some problems!

Thanks for the observation Airframes and for the advice. She does have some cellulose based ones but I'm going to be using the acrylics that she has.

Welcome read46, I know Morpeth, as my wife heads from New-Biggin-By-The-Sea.

I know Newbiggin well, as a youngster spent many a holiday there in my parents caravan.
Infact I was there in February this year, fish and chips eaten in the car with the snow lashing down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back