Hello (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jareds

Airman
Jun 20, 2010
I live in Arizona, I'm 16 and most of my family is pilots. I'm in Air force JROTC and I'm trying to join the CAP to help get my pilots license. My uncle is a flight instructor at Glendale airport, my great grand father was a flight instructor right after WWII with the mustang, and my great great grandfather was a bomber in WWI. There's also a whole other branch of my family I haven't met that are also pilots.

I plan on going to Norwich and then joining the Airforce where hopefully I'll fly f-16 or the newer F-35 or F-22. Living about two miles away from Luke Airforce Base, F-16s are always flying over head; Watching them was what got me into planes. Once I'm out of the airforce I hope to charter planes or something else that involves flying smaller planes. If for some reason I can't do that hopefully what ever field I'm in allows for money to be spent on planes.

The first time I flew in plane was about two years ago. It was a Piper Cub flown by a guy who's name I think was Jerry at a Young Eagles event. The second time was at young eagles again where I was flown in a Cessna 172 (?) and was allowed to pilot it most the time until we landed.

sign0016.gif

G'day mate, glad to have you join us.
happy0120.gif
happy0120.gif

Thanks, hope that I stick around and don't forget about this place. I came here to learn more about aviation and from what I've seen, you guys know a lot more than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back