Hey, where's my cake!?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am sorry, you use Fanny in this forum??????????? Shame.

BTW, your Cake is still in my fridge............
and the hair is almost 3" long now.
Are you Ever coming by to have some???

The night they lit the gas with Grannie's breath.

Here is an article that may tickle your fancy...

'Let's face it: English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant or ham in hamburger, neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
English muffins were not invented in England or french fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?
If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? Park on driveways and drive on parkways?
How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? How can the weather be hot as hell one day an cold as hell another?
When a house burns up, it burns down. You fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm clock goes off by going on.
When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I end it?
Now I know why I flunked my English. It's not my fault; the silly language doesn't quite know whether it's coming or going." -Richard Lederer....

Last edited:
Well John let's see - bish bosh in writing is somewhat equivocal as it can refer to an unfinished task due to lazyness or a task done with dispatch. From your context I'd go with the latter. Not an EnglishPERSON but never run into fanny's your aunt alone. In my limited experience it is usually teamed with Bob's your uncle AND Fanny is your aunt meaning you now have a full set of everything so "The task at hand is totally and completely done with total dispatch"
Now this has been tickety-boo but it is time for me to go looking for totty, so sweet Fanny Adams and my stonking tosser says it's time to take the micky

Well John let's see - bish bosh in writing is somewhat equivocal as it can refer to an unfinished task due to lazyness or a task done with dispatch. From your context I'd go with the latter. Not an EnglishPERSON but never run into fanny's your aunt alone. In my limited experience it is usually teamed with Bob's your uncle AND Fanny is your aunt meaning you now have a full set of everything so "The task at hand is totally and completely done with total dispatch"
Now this has been tickety-boo but it is time for me to go looking for totty, so sweet Fanny Adams and my stonking tosser says it's time to take the micky

I'm impressed Mike, you could pass muster here. Or, at least understand what the **** we are on about :)
I have to say that there is such thing as an 'English person'... ( except in the context of 'for you English person zee var is over)' but, here in Blighty you are a Englishman / women if you are born in England (obviously) but, most refer to themselves by region / city.
So, I'm a Plymothian first, Englishman second and have to have the annoying title of 'British citizen' on my passport.
If I was born in Devon, I'd be a Devonian, Cornwall a Cornishman /woman, Kent is a little more confusing as depending where you are born in the country you are either a Man /woman of Kent or a Kentish man/woman.
Should you ever visit us you may like to know that grave offence is likely to taken if you call a Cornishman 'English' or worse still 'Plymothian ajanner' :)
The worst offence is to call a Yorkshire and Lancasterian. The two accents sound similar but, Yorkshire is a very proud county.
You have been warned hahaha

Last edited:
I'd say, pleasant, agreeable, socially acceptable, maybe even sprightly and merry old boy what!

Was more thinking about my dearly beloved ancestors, which you could say, to put it in Swedish, was helylle or if you like, decent, reliable, staunch friends, real bricks, being of sterling quality and possed solid characters....

Last edited:
Now really, ask yourself, honestly, do you want to appear in a public alcohol-serving place with Jan

Attachments

• Burns KiltFlash.jpg
    Burns KiltFlash.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 640

Users who are viewing this thread

Back