Hi from England

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mr Happymoose

Recruit
Oct 11, 2009
The Peak District
Hi folks, I just stumbled across this forum while looking for tips on painting kits (Something I'm getting back into after many, MANY years away from it) and thought it looked interesting enough to stay around a while and indulge my liking of warbirds. I've been a bit out of touch for a while so if anyone can recommend any good airs hows particularly in the North/North West of England I'd much aprpeciate it as it would seem a few of the ones I visited as a child don'r exist any more, mores the pity.

I used to do it a lot as a kid with my Dad and recently felt the bug again after seeing the Vulcan XH558 flying at Windermere Air Show and blabbing on about it until I got bought the Airfix 1:72 Vulcan to do. I think I'm going to do a couple of practice runs first before I attempt that one :lol:

Yes, what got me back into modeling was an Airshow I went to this summer, in Atlantic City, they had F-22's, F-18's, F-16's, a Yak 3, 2 P-51's, a P-47, a C-17 and a AWAC all do flybys, along with the Thunderbirds! It was great!

Hi and welcome neighbour! I'm on the edge of the Peak District too, so nice to have a 'local' member. I'm afraid there aren't any air shows in the North West anymore, apart from the sea-front shows at Southport and occassionally Blackpool. I used to do the marshalling and fire crew when Barton still ran the Manchester Air Show, but as you know, that has sadly bit the dust.
I think you'll enjoy this place though, especially for your modelling 'needs'.
Cheers,
Terry.

Wotcher - I'm in Mansfield so not a million miles away from you. Only recently got into aviation, only done a couple of airshows - RIAT in Fairford, twice - there doesn't seem to be much happening up north!
I saw the pics of the Vulcan at Windermere, looked incredible - saw her fly at Fairford this year, one of those hairs-standing-up-on-the-back-of-the-neck moments. Hell of a sight!
Cheers
Tony

Thanks for the welcome folks :mrgreen:

@Airframes, definitely nice to know there are local members, might end up asking for advice on stuff ;) Unfortunately I missed Southport this year, but we did get to Windermere which was a nice ride out on the bike as well as seeing some cool stuff.

@Conkerking, Seeing the Vulcan flying over the lakes was definitely an awesome sight and I managed to get some photos which are up in my Flikr account.

@Syscom3, Oh, I so wish :lol:

G'day Mr Happy, greetings and welcome from 'down under'. You'll love this bunch, their a chirpy lot.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back