Hi, from Germany (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Entschuldigung mich für mein schlechtes Deutsch, noch im Lernen, aber Willkommen auf der Webseite.

If you are able, and want to, can you tell us your grandfathers Name and possible unit, and we should be able to learn more about him. I cant wait to hear some of his stories. Again welcome to the site.

Welcome from the midwest part of the United States. Fascinating about your relative that was a radar operator. Hope you have a good time here.

Many thanks for the welcome! I hope i can share some Information regarding my Grandpa soon. For now im busy reading and reading in this great Forum.

Greetings and welcome aboard acerus.
Get your grandfather online with us too, we would love to hear about his experience!

Hi Viking, im afraid my Grandpa won´t start to learn using a PC and the Internet. I told him once about the Internet and he was not very interestet in this modern Way of Communication....
Books, Letters and the Telephone are enough :D

Entschuldigung mich für mein schlechtes Deutsch, noch im Lernen, aber Willkommen auf der Webseite.

If you are able, and want to, can you tell us your grandfathers Name and possible unit, and we should be able to learn more about him. I cant wait to hear some of his stories. Again welcome to the site.

Hi, Beaupower32,
your German is okay (i think as good as my English :oops:).
My Grandfathers Name is Kurt Nusch. I know nothing more besides that he said he was stationed in Dortmund and flew on a Me110.
It was at my Visit last Christmas where he (for the first time) talked about his Service in the Luftwaffe.
But he was very vague. I will try to get more detailed Infos from him.

@Airframes: I was in Fassberg too....in 2002 hehehe...:lol:
The Huey Unit is still there but will be the first to be equipped with NH90 Helicopters.
There is also the Technical School of the Luftwaffe which i payed a visit.

Acerus

Last edited:
Hello acerus and welcome. Hope you enjoy the site; it sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge.
I know how it is to get some history from the veterans. I live too far from my granddad to visit more then twice a year and am trying to get my dad to get a written history of my grandpa's life in the great depression and WWII. He served in the Pacific. It is a race against time, and I am saddened by the passing of such a great generation.

I know exactly what you are talking about! There is so much to be told and so little time...
The "Great Generation" is something that is true for the Allies but for my Grandpa´s it was the criminal Leadership in Germany wich drove them into War. There´s nothing Great about it.
As a German I thank every Allied Soldier for his service and sacrifice.

Last edited:
Welcome from Japan!

My fathers' generation did not want to talk about the war either.
They tried to forget the past immediately and devoted themselves to constructing a new country.
They sacrificed themselves not only in the war but in the peace time for the nation.
I'm sorry for them.

Thanks to all the welcome!
I was talking to my Grandfather(03.09.10) about his expiriences during WW2.
Sadly my Grandfather won´t tell me more as i already know!
Everytime i asked him about that.... he was some kind of "far away" .
I stopped asking him. History passes us by, but there are only few talking about
what happened!
Hope you People are not disappointed about that!

If you want to know where i am living:
Google for Toosbüystraße 13 (Germany) and you are there!:shock:

It is a nice Place to stay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back