Hi there from Florida

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B29WereWolf

Airman
Aug 2, 2010
Hi guys, I'm Sebastian, live in Sebastian, FL, 28 years old. I'm an unemployed pilot (might change after my interview tomorrow) and love warbirds. I chose my user name because my uncle was the Navigator aboard the B-29 Were Wolf which was shot down on 27 January 1945. I'm also an A&P mechanic in training.
A friend and I would like to start building a replica P-47, a cockpit to start out, then later on an 82% scale flying one. The P-47 is my favorite fighter, but I'm big into the English chariots as well (Mosquito and Hurricane). The cockpit would be for flight simulating and a nice learner project before diving into a flying replica.
I'm looking around for P-47 information, so if you have any, please spare it with me. BTW, my favorite model is the D (razorback).
My claim to fame is that my grandfather flew C-47s and B-24s in India, in B-24 school he flew with James Stewart and he retired from Continental as a DC-10 Captain, and currently my dad is a 747 driver for Kalitta. IF you'd like to know anything about me, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.
-Sebbles

Welcome to the forum..... enjoy the place. We have a few Pilots and A&P's as members. Joe and Adler (Chris)
should be along to welcome you soon.

Charles

Welcome aboard B29! There is tons of stuff here for the P-47 oncluding, possibly the manuals. Just do a search. Sounds like you have flying in your blood.

I may be wrong but I thought someone was asking about a WWII machine named "Werewolf" on here about a year ago?

sign0016.gif

G'day Sebastian, nice to hear from you and welcome from Aussie.

Hi Guys, thanks for the reception. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of research on here. Njaco If someone is asking about Were Wolf, I'll answer whatever questions they have. I've done a ton of research on it, and it's interesting what I've found. Where in South Jersey are you from? I used to live in Trenton before I moved here to FloridaShinpachi Where did you get the illustration of Were Wolf? I just had a profile art work done, so I'm using it as my signature photo. I'd like to get over to Japan and visit the crash site, and there is also a gentleman with some wreckage and a parachute, I believe it's my uncles, he fell to his death after his 'chute failed to open.

werewolfcrew.jpg

My uncle is kneeling second from right, he was the Navigator

DSCN2591.gif

A watercolor I did of the ship on its last flight.

Last edited:
Hey Sebastian, I'm just a little north of you in Palm Bay, here's a site you may want to checdk into,
P47Advocates.com
P47Pilots.com
They should be some good resources for your project !
I'm also an avid WW-2 warbird enthusiast and a leather flying unit patch maker , if you have a favorite "47 or "29 etc patch you need made look me up !
Johnny
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back