Hi There.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rayco79

Airman
Oct 22, 2011
Hope B.C.
My name is Ray and I am a WW2 Aircraft modeler. Was looking for a walkaround on the Bristol Beaufighter when I found the interesting build of the 1;32 scale Revell Beaufighter on your Forums, and as it happens this model is on my work bench as I speak-- so to speak.
:lol:
Have been working on this model on and off for the last seven years, and decided three weeks ago it is about time to get it done. It will be a detailed model with rebuilt cockpit, interior ,rebuilt wheel well's,repositioned rudder, elevators ,aeiralon's and dropped flaps, plus all the other fiddley bits that need doing. Hmmm--- am now 70yrs. old. better get it done soon:p.
Ray.

Welcome to the forum Ray!! When the Beau is completed, would love to see some pics. You might also want to join in our Group Builds. Its all for fun and you just might get some models done quicker! :)

hi, I'm new here too, hop can make more friends here and learn more from you all:)

Welcome Ray and Colby, pull up a piece of furniture and make yourselves at home!

Ray, I'd love to see photos of your Beau if you could manage it - got 2 1/72 builds lined up.

Hi again,
Thanks for all the welcome's. Will try to upload some pics. as I move along on the Beaufighter. Would like to start a thread but I do not get a chance to work on my models that often, so it may be a long build, or thread.
Have done the cockpit and all the internal framing, as well as the crew hatches, and am at the cutting out control surfaces stage. Have found only one pic. of a Beaufighter with the flaps down so I guess I am safe doing that. Revell did not show any wheel well detail, so more work there.
Anyhow, I could ramble all night so will let you go. Will take some pics. soon and post them [will have to find out how to do that]

In answer to Crimea Rivers post, home is in Hope B.C. About 160 kms. east of Vancouver. Johanna and I run a B&B hence not much time for model building.
Ray.
PS. Noticed that someone is building a 1/32 Mosquito by Revell. Hmmm I have that one too. lol.

Will take some pics. soon and post them [will have to find out how to do that]

In answer to Crimea Rivers post, home is in Hope B.C. About 160 kms. east of Vancouver. Johanna and I run a B&B hence not much time for model building.

Well, I may look you up next time I drive out that way.

Post pics from your hard drive as follows:

Go to "Go Advanced" at bottom of thread
Click Manage Attachments button
From the window that pops up, click "Add Files"
From the next pop up, click "Select Files" and browse to your pic locations. You can select multiples by clicking with the CTRL key held down
When you're done that, click on "Upload Files" and they should appear at the bottom of the window.
If you want to insert words in between, select "Insert in Line", if not, just hit "Done" and they wll appear at the bottom.

Note pics should be no more than 800 pixels wides.

Good assistance there Andy.
Ray, I'm (slowly) converting the Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito into the FBVI variant, and I'm the one who did the Beaufighter in 32nd scale for the MTO Group Build. If you need any detail pics for your Beau, let me know.
Cheers,
Terry.

Hi again,
Thanks for the info Andy. [if I may call you Andy]. Guess I am hooked like our famous Salmon and have no excuse but to take and post a few pics. of the Beaufighter. [if she who swings the big stick will let me off the leash that is] LOL.
Have been going through my stash of Revell 1/32 scale kits [ that were bought when I was still young and foolish]. Good grief, had forgotten how much cutting and rivit removing has to be done with these old kits, especially the P51B Mustang and ME262. What have I got myself into. Between my online Auto Racing, the return to model building ,after a VERY long hiatus [I still use the hairy stick] and she with the Big stick, I guess there will be busy times ahead.
Thank you Terry for the offer of some pics. Have numerous interior and exterior pics. as well as two cutaways. Was hoping this would be enough, but if you want to share, a few more would be more than welcome. How would you get them to me. Internet or ?
Will also send pics. of a few of my completed 1/32 aircraft. I say completed as there are many incomplete as well [cockpits done]. Most of my models were damaged , some beyond repair, during the big move to our present home. This is when I threw up my hands and gave up on modeling, but during one of my off leash moments,I went scratching through all those lovely bits and a hint of past glue and paint smells-------. Well, so here I am again, rambling away.
Ray.

Hi Ray. Send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll sort some detail pics for you. You might already have them, but you never know!
Cheers,
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back