How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In Virginia Beach most of the stations are around $2.87. Shell seems to be a
couple of cents higher. As you go into Norfolk, it goes up three or four cents. In Portsmouth it's five or six cents higher. As you go north (Tappahannock or Mathews) it seems to come down.

Charles

It topped out at $1.48 on Friday here in Adelaide, but i filled up at $1.32 per litre on Monday. So A US gallon is just under 4 litres or there abouts..is'nt it? so that puts it around $5 bucks a gallon give or take the variations day by day.

I honestly can't remember the last time I paid less than $3 a gallon. Last fill up was 3.21 per gallon!

A Gallon is 3.785411784 litres, so you pay less than $1.00 per litre? Here in the NL, petrol costs about 1.45 euros per liter! Diesel is a little cheaper, and Gas (LPG) is cheaper still don't know what it costs exactly.

A Gallon is 3.785411784 litres, so you pay less than $1.00 per litre? Here in the NL, petrol costs about 1.45 euros per liter! Diesel is a little cheaper, and Gas (LPG) is cheaper still don't know what it costs exactly.

I don't know what sort of 'gallon' you have, but in the UK (not just England) it is 4.5 litres per gallon!

Ummm, a liquid US gallon is 3.78 liters...
A dry US gallon is 4.40 liters....
A dry UK gallon is 4.54 liters....

We're talking liquid conversions here fellas.....

Heres a converter for measurements....
WWW Unit Converter

Heres a converter for currency...
XE.com - Universal Currency Converter

$3.00 per US gallon is $3.00 for 3.78 liters...

1 US DOLLAR = .68 Euro
1 US Dollar = .51 GBP
1 US Dollar = 1.14 AUS
1 US Dollar = 1.02 CAN
1 US Dollar = 1.30 NZD

So........

At $3.00 US per gallon, thats .79 cents per liter...

.79 US per liter =
.53 Euro per liter
.70 GBP per liter
.90 AUS per liter
.80 CAN per liter = 3.02 per gallon
1.02 NZD per liter
5.41 Rand per liter

1.38 AUS per liter = 1.21 USD x 3.78 = 4.57 USD per gallon
1.48 AUS = 1.30 USD = 4.91 USD per gallon

1.029 GBP per liter = 2.01 USD x 3.78 = 7.60 USD per gallon
1.035 GBP = 2.03 USD = 7.67 USD per gallon

The funny thing guys is that in South Africa they make Petrol out of coal, gas and out of methanol, but we pay a sh*t load for Petrol here.

We import most of our Petrol, but the Petrol we produce we give to Zimbabwe and sell it to other African countries for next to nothing.

One thing the Apartheid Government did was give cheap petrol to the people at all times and keep reserves for that rainy day.

You guys in the US pay a very nice price for your petrol/gas, but how economic is your cars when it comes to fuel consumption?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back