How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Henk I get 35mpg with my Pontiac vibe, my 1-ton Chevy..............do I even dare mention it ............ 4 miles to the gal, yeah it sucks big time

Geez NC it is 14 Rand per litre here, but if I could pay 1 or 2Rand per litre it would be great.

Erich that sucks mate, my VW Caddy does about 12Km per litre in town, but on the open road she is pretty good.

I don't know what sort of 'gallon' you have, but in the UK (not just England) it is 4.5 litres per gallon!
We don't do gallons :) I was talking about american gallons.
Thats $2.10 USD/ltr x 3.78 = $7.94 USD per gallon..

Jesus Aged Mary and Joseph Christ....

Henk, my cars get around 20-23 miles per gallon...

Recalculated into gallons and dollars 1 gallon here costs $8.06 Yep it really is expensive.

Henk I get 35mpg with my Pontiac vibe, my 1-ton Chevy..............do I even dare mention it ............ 4 miles to the gal, yeah it sucks big time

WHAT!

We Brits may moan at how high fuel costs over the years, but one natural consequence of that, is that we use more fuel efficient vehicles.
As I wrote earlier, that in part is why diesel vehicles are so popular here. The panel van I drive in work with a 2.5 ltr Dsl averages about 10 miles per litre! Which is better than the previous model because of a more efficient engine.
My car does about 11 miles per litre [i.e. about 50mp(uk)g] using a 2 litre turbo-diesel engine, which may not be very good - but then it is a 1999 car!

Paid $.41 this morning this is as close to the source as you can get so the middlemen are really skimming the cream off the top.

As I wrote earlier, that in part is why diesel vehicles are so popular here.

And as a consequence of that the British government taxes diesel more. There's no excuse for diesel to be more expensive than petrol, it is less refined thus cheaper to produce.

My 1.6 206 does 35 MPG which is not bad; the lowest fuel cost around here is a £1 ($1.92) per litre.

Diesels are popular as the company car tax rates are completely skewered in their favour, as is car tax. Of course if diesel gets too popular the government will just readjust it so they get more money

My 1.6 206 does 35 MPG which is not bad; the lowest fuel cost around here is a £1 ($1.92) per litre.

I'd be surprised if you'd gone for the Peugeot 206 HDI that you would've got a mpg of at least 55. I nearly bought an old 405D a few years ago that was doing 60 mpg. The only problem with the 'modern' cars is the extra weight, they carry for safety reasons, e.g. doors are heavier wider for side impact protection.

Yes UK car tax is a problem, though modern small diesels can still qualify for a discount - mine doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back