How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Denver currently has $2.76 a gallon for 91 octane or premium... Got to feed my wife's Jag and that's all it eats... :) I find that fuel at Costco is on the whole cheaper than anywhere else. It's always more expensive the closer you are to a motor way. I know that in the U.S. the gas price varies according to how close you are to a refinery. We have a refinery here in Denver and the further you get from it the more expensive gas is. :car17:

All of our 7-11s and BPs are $2.69, the Wa-Wa is $2.68, the Shell's are $2.79 and higher, and the Getty is $2.59! That's all for regular in SE Virginia.

The cheapest gas station in the Copenhagen area sells 95 octane at 9.82 DKK per liter.
1 gallon is 3.78 liters.
3.78 * 9.82 = 37.11 DKK per gallon.
That's:
1 US$ = 5.35 DKK.
37.11 / 5.35 = 6.93 US$ per gallon, danish prices.

The BMW R1200RT has got a gas tank that can take 25 liters = 6.61 gallons.
6.61 * 6.93 = 45.80 US$ for a full tank of go-go juice here.

Danish gas prices can be found online here:
Find tankstationer i Danmark på benzinpriser.dk - en FDM service

Danish exchange rates can be found here:
Nationalbanken // Valuta og Renter // Valutakurser // Valutakurser

Last edited:
Today Shell was 1.36/L, an independent was 1.16/Liter!
How much is that per gallon, x3.5? Almost 5.00 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coz Shell uses the grocery discount from Coles!!!!!!!!

8 bloody cents!

Today Shell was 1.36/L, an independent was 1.16/Liter!
How much is that per gallon, x3.5? Almost 5.00 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coz Shell uses the grocery discount from Coles!!!!!!!!

8 bloody cents!

Deisel at my local garage has yet again rasied its prices (must be getting near x-mas time....b*stids !).

At this moment in time it is currently £1.289 per litre. that equates to $2.039 per litre equalling a glorious cost of £5.85 per gallon (4.54 Litres to a UK gallon)....thats $9.25 per gallon for you guys on the other side of the Pond.

For me to fill my truck is now £93.60 ($148.00) Gulp

In the UK today the average price of petrol reached its highest level ever £1.22 a litre. Many garages charge more.

Which equates to $1.932 a litre

Which I think comes to $7.314 a gallon

Next month there is an increase of 1p a litre on fuel duty and an increase of VAT by 2%

OH and just to explain in the UK fuel duty is added to the basic price of fuel and then VAT is applied on top ----------------- we are taxed on the tax!!

Right now I haven't got a clue..I just fill up the company car (old Ford Focus station wagon) at the central police station garage in Copenhagen; I check oil, sprinkler-, servo- and cooler fluids, plus add some fresh air for all of the tyres - that goes for the spare tyre, too. Then I usually wash the car afterwards, at the garage car wash, and vacuum it inside, then clean the vinyl surfaces and windows.
Damn, I love driving a company car! :lol:

And now we've ordered time for a total check-up:
Oil filter, anti-rust bottom treatment (what's that called in english?), it needs a new rear light after some dope bashed the rear right light in, they'll put the winter tyres on (- hrm! :lol: ) and then they'll do the general service thing. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the winter tyres put on the car done, since the car has a tendency to spin on the spot whenever I accelerate a little on the snowy and icy spots on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back