How to attract more members?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, so we know that a 'tinnie' is a can of beer, no problem. But 'put on a barbie'? Now, I always thought a Barbie was a doll, or a blonde bimbo. Conjours up some frightening images, put on a barbie......

In my demented eyes, more new members equals more meatballs to concern ourselves with.... New members join all the time, and out of every 20 new members, 1 stays and becomes part of this community... 3 stay and become a pain in the ass and get banned...

This place is run unlike any other message board on the net.... Its different and the members and Mods are of a certain breed... Its not everyones cup of tea, as everyone here knows.... This isnt a message board but a home for many of us... Some new members get this, others think we're screwed up for running it the way we do....

I could care less about those naysayers... This place is the best WW2 aviation board, and I (we) intend to keep it that way... Trying to get more membership??? I dont think we need to...

Those are good numbers for me...

Yeah, I knew what a 'barbie' was, it was just the way it was phrased. I'm still giggleing.......I must get out more!
Or maybe it's just the paint fumes?

In my demented eyes, more new members equals more meatballs to concern ourselves with.... New members join all the time, and out of every 20 new members, 1 stays and becomes part of this community... 3 stay and become a pain in the ass and get banned...

This place is run unlike any other message board on the net.... Its different and the members and Mods are of a certain breed... Its not everyones cup of tea, as everyone here knows.... This isnt a message board but a home for many of us... Some new members get this, others think we're screwed up for running it the way we do....

I could care less about those naysayers... This place is the best WW2 aviation board, and I (we) intend to keep it that way... Trying to get more membership??? I dont think we need to...

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

It could well be Lucky. I've been painting the Harrier picture, and doing the B26 model in between. Talking of which, did you get your paints sorted?
And, following on about your post about the Mossie control column in the other thread, have a look at my reply, there's more info for you!

This place certainly attracts a different breed! WW2 interest is at an all-time high since movies like "Saving Private Ryan", "Enemy At The Gates" (inaccurate though they may be), and "The Great Raid", as well as the totally awesome "Band of Brothers" series, but its not every WW2 site online that has a very high percentage of current/former military members (no offense to those here who didn't serve): its almost impossible to put into words what military life was like, and how it affected my outlook on life, how I now view the US gov't, politics, world events, etc. Here....I really don't feel like I need ot explain all of that. I may not be the most intelligent of members, but this place feels like home nonetheless.

Heh. Every village needs its idiot. :occasion5:

Got a few idiots to spare in my village. I think most of them are failed medical experiments.......

Lesofprimus said:
.....could care less about those naysayers... This place is the best WW2 aviation board, and I (we) intend to keep it that way... Trying to get more membership??? I dont think we need to...

FLYBOYJ said:
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

That's good enough for me !

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back