Howdee, y'all.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
Yep...another bloody Texan redneck here (by birth, not by choice). I've always loved oddities, such as the Star Wars B-wing and the peak of aviation technology (in my world, anyway), the wonderfully versatile P-38. After spending 6 grueling years in the Navy myself, and watching Zeros buzz around Pearl Harbor during the filming of the movie (talk about trippin' out! I swear I bought a newspaper just to see the date...I'd had no idea they were going to be making a movie before watching them buzz past my apartment window), I finally broke down and bought a book. I can't remember if my first WW2 book was "BaaBaa Blacksheep" or "The Last Great Ace", but I've been hooked ever since. Infantry, Navy, Airborne, Aviation...ETO, PTO, CBI, Russian front....I've read just about everything I can get my grubby paws on. My wife can't understand it. Friends think I'm nuts (I have pics of P-38s, B-24s, and a ME-262 in my locker at work, where everyone else has kid/spouse/pet pics). I've wondered at my own sanity once or twice. I mean, who else drops $800 of hard-earned Christmas-gift cash on Amazon.com??? 8) Anyhoo....nice to see that I'm not the only dweeb out there with a history fetish. And to think....history was one of my worst subjects in highschool.... :occasion5:

ALL THE WAY FROM HURST???? ha. I live in Garland.

Welcome to the site, but I already have a bone to pick with you.....

What Texan says "Bloody"?

Also, your a Texan by birth.....a redneck by choice.

:lol: just razzin ya RabidAlien. I got to break you into the site, seeing as how we are practically neighbors.

Garland??? Dude, I used to live in Rockwall! Drove through part of Garland to get to work (over in Plano....long story). As far as "bloody" goes....well, its a big world, why limit myself to one small area's set of expletives?

ETA: Dang, I'm gonna have to git myself a nifty little pic in the siggy-line.

He's talking about Lucky, rabid.

And another Yank joins the forum!!! Welcome!

BTW....Texas is located *somewhat* in the South. *g* Ya ever have any trouble navigating by map alone? *g* (sez the guy who hated Geography, too...)

:occasion5:

Love the siggy, Njaco!

Well, why didncha say so to begin with? I wuz just goin by the "Glasgow, Scotland" bit under your pic. Hmmmm...come to think of it, I think my ancestors were kicked outta Scotland awhile back. Have to check on that....

:occasion5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back