Hurricane Katrina and Me...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still a few too many cooks in the kitchen by the sound of it. People are going to start dying from disease by the thousands before someone wakes up.

Well, you have to think about it. The government of Louisiana are not going to bring down a huge city where millions of people have lived, no matter the cost. If you ask me, its a great idea, any gangsters left in New Orleans are going to die.

Great idea, but politics are going to take their toll.

What do you mean bring down a huge city? That city is already screwed. The more they fiddle while Rome burns, the more people are going to die. What's worse is that there is always the possibility that this could bring an epidemic to an entire region. While these politicians are trying to figure out what to do, more people suffer at the hands of inept leadership.

Maybe I expect too much, but then, look at the credentials of the FEMA director. I shit you not, his last job was "Judges and Stewards Commissioner" for the International Arabian Horses Association... a position from which he was forced to resign in the face of mounting litigation and financial disarray.

And this dumbass is leading FEMA?!?!?! God help us all.

No shit.... I think Bush should be castrated for allowing some meatball like Brown to take over such an important posistion when he couldnt even manage a bunch of horses.....

His ass WILL be fired, and if it isnt, then something needs to be done in the White House ASAP....

BTW, the Gov of Louisiana is about as big a twat as a woman can get... Kiss her re-election goodbye....

And -38, u need to start shutting ur mouth up, cause u are making urself sound more like a moron everytime u open it... Its not a matter of cost, its a matter of disease and the rampant spreading of several different deadly diseases.....

Hey Les, how has the Mississippi governor been? There has been so much focus on the New Orleans situation, I have not seen much about yours. I know it has to be better than Louisiana, but I am curious of how it feels for you guys that are going through this mess.

BTW, I did see some shots on the news of C-17s landing at Keesler with supplies. So it's comforting to know that you guys have help coming in. Hope you don't mind Air Force guys helping you out. ;)

lesofprimus said:
No s**t.... I think Bush should be castrated for allowing some meatball like Brown to take over such an important posistion when he couldnt even manage a bunch of horses.....

His ass WILL be fired, and if it isnt, then something needs to be done in the White House ASAP....

BTW, the Gov of Louisiana is about as big a twat as a woman can get... Kiss her re-election goodbye....

And -38, u need to start shutting ur mouth up, cause u are making urself sound more like a moron everytime u open it... Its not a matter of cost, its a matter of disease and the rampant spreading of several different deadly diseases.....

Agree Les.....

Kick Brown in the balls and do a 3 stooges slap to the Mayor of NO, the govenor of LA and Bush......

The Mississippi Gov has been great and our Supervisors and Mayor have all dealt with the hardships.... We are gettting plenty of help and provisions and the convoys keep coming.... There are National Guardsmen running around and those sweetass Blackhawks keep flying overhead...

All in all, the response, AFTER the 1st 2 days has been awesome.... Thanks to all of u that have given ur time, money, and valuables to those who need it most.... It has made a huge difference, and the residents of the Mississippi will never forget the kindness that we have been shown....

Thanks again everyone...

Recovery.... Word has it they found alot more bodies here in Ocean Springs, as I had stated, but arent releasing any #'s.... The news here is staying quiet on body counts, although Ive heard that the expected body count will be over 30,000 for the New Orleans area...

There are still places that they are trying to search through.... Im not sure if an accurate deatch toll can be figured out.... On my journey through Pass Christian, I saw many pieces of bodies strewn and intermingled with the debris....

Quite surreal I must say.... And for the record, so all will know:

I FU*KIN HATE WATER MOCCASINS/COTTENMOUTHS!!!!!!!!!

I can fully understand the hate for those damn snakes! They have been pretty quiet about death toll numbers so far. I am sure it will be staggering. I know I am not alone when I tell you how relieved I was to hear that you guys were okay.

Hey guys, I haven't been on in awhile, thought I'd swing by.
I've been watching and listening to all the covererage of Katrina and the aftermath, the horrible human suffering, the looting and breakdown of civilized society after the storm, ineptitude at every level of government, then of course you have political opportunists and celebrities trying to get a political advantage out of the whole thing.

The interviews with looters where they expressed the belief that they were "just getting back at the society that has oppressed them" saddened me to hear, those people have bought into all the victim-mentality brainwashing that their community and political leaders have heaped on them, they have no sense of individual responsibility, and thus no belief in their own potential as people, which is very sad and makes me angry with people like Jackson and Sharpton and others who perpetuate that mindset, because for them to stay influential those people need to stay poor and "oppressed."

Being a Constitutionalist and libertarian-minded individual, I don't believe the federal government should be very involved in internal affairs like this in the first place, but they've crapped on the Constitution and made themselves involved, taxed us all to fund bloated incompetent federal agencies like FEMA, when the state and local governments and private organizations could have used that same money much more effectively, so the Feds get to share the blame.

As for New Orleans, I've started hearing people say that the only way to cleanse the area of all the various forms of filth that are contaminating it is to boil the water off. Or rather flash-boil it off. 10 megatons would probably be sufficient.

That's a joke of course, but I do think we need to question the wisdom of rebuilding New Orleans. The historical areas certainly should be preserved, but as for the rest of it, I'm not so sure.

Many believe that within 50 years the Mississippi may likely change course again as it has countless times in the past, and no longer flow past NO. With the way the river wanders and how low the land is, it doesn't take much for the river to bust out into a new path to the Gulf. I wouldn't have been that surprised if the surge last week had changed the river's course.

I was watching a report on the news and it said bacteria levels were over 20,000 times the normal amount in regular lake or river water. There is no way to get rid of all the diseases and bacteria that is brewing there. I agree the beautiful city needs to be burned. It is the only way to rebuild.

True that, it is an odd hobby! BUt the weather data they collected was very good. They have some video on the site as well that is pretty disturbing taken during the storm. It gave me a better idea of what Les went through during that storm. Made me shiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back