I had to put down a friend...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
20120219_111.JPG

Guys, this is Spike. A miniature Dachshund and the first dog I ever owned. We got him nearly 10 years ago, a tiny pup too sick to legally be sold (we found out later, not that we would have ever returned him). The last year wasn't kind to him as his blue eyes went blind and whatever was growing in his brain often wracked him with seizures. The decision came sooner than I imagined and in the last selfish moments that I took for myself I told him over and over again what a good boy he was and how I'd miss him. The vet came in, I agreed we were ready. The drugs were administered, he stopped shivering, calm came over his face and he fell asleep forever, no longer in pain. I'm glad we were together in the end. He was the dog that made me love dogs. Thanks for that Spikey. I will never forget you.

194453_105641939521983_2877606_o.jpg

FOREVER COOL

What a beautiful puppy. When I was working as a Vet Tech, majority of the owners would never be present when their loved ones needed to have their suffering ended, so with that I have a lot of respect for you being with Spike at the end. There is no other way of putting it, it really stinks that you had to do that. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

David

Really sorry to hear about your buddy,always sad.............

What a wee corker of a dog mate! I'm so very sorry to hear about this, grown up with dogs, cats....never gets any easier! :(

Take care pal!

Commiserations Vick, the loss of a loved pet and their personality is as tough as losing a relative unfortunately - his pains are gone, for ever running after toys, sticks and tug-o-war with bones, quizical looks compassionate nuzzleings.

Sorry I am late to this.
Thank goodness you were there to hold your friend as he passed.
I lost Meatloaf early this year myself.
I now have Zeppelin. He will never replace Meatloaf, but he is a happy, fat sausage, that makes my happy.
This is my advice to you; Wait a few weeks and then get another one.
It will be an entirely new friendship, with the same love that you had, but different with each dog.
That is the wonderful part.

I'm sure he knew you were there till the last.

I came home from boot camp and my brothers informed me my Spot had died from gangrene while I was away.
Now tell me, how does a pet just die of gangrene without someone knowing he was in a bad way?????

The memories must be fond ones mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back