Idiot's Guide to Forums

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
22,572
2,807
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Location
Fla-eee-dah!
I've only been on forums for a few months and I've noticed some terms that took awhile to understand. Forgive me for being a newbie but I thought someone might explain the meanings of some of these terms. Thanks.

What exactly are the meanings of:

Siggy -

Sticky Thread

Spamming


Again thanks. I just don't want to spam with my siggy while posting on a sticky. :lol:
 
Siggy - Signature pic --> like the ones you have (or I have)

Sticky Thread --> thread that is always at the top as it contains something of interest, look in most of the forums and you will see them

Spamming --> posting repeatedly in different threads with the same thing (like the advertising bots) or just posting lots of crap to get your post count up (like Healz)...
 
Gnomey said:
or just posting lots of crap to get your post count up (like Healz)...
32142.jpg
 
:lol:

I have even jumped on Healz for that, he does not care. But then again I think he is just a kid so...
 
Thanks! I wasn't sure about spamming and was hoping I wasn't attracting the Thread Police. Any others come along and I'll ask. Thanks.
 
only the mods get sticky! ewwwwww!!!!
 
Your slipping Les, I expected a more smart a** response :lol:
 
Everybody MUST know what a MOD and ROCKER is, right?

Your slipping Les, I expected a more smart a** response :lol:
It's the age shining through micdrow..... :evil4:

Mods and Rockers
The Mods and Rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early-mid 1960s.

Gangs of mods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups were seen as folk devils. The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits. By late 1966, the two subcultures had faded from public view and media attention turned to two new emerging youth subcultures - the hippies and the skinheads.

I guess that some residents here in the sunny uk will get all nostalgic and tear up now.....
 
Feel free to guide us lost souls then trackend..... What is your words of wisdom tonight?
 
Not much difference, Admins can modify the few things we cant....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back