Idiot's Guide to Forums

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Everybody MUST know what a MOD and ROCKER is, right?

It's the age shining through micdrow..... :evil4:

Mods and Rockers
The Mods and Rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early-mid 1960s.

Gangs of mods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups were seen as folk devils. The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits. By late 1966, the two subcultures had faded from public view and media attention turned to two new emerging youth subcultures - the hippies and the skinheads.

I guess that some residents here in the sunny uk will get all nostalgic and tear up now.....

And epitomized by one of my most favorite bands. The Who. Check out Quadrophenia.

I have one. On the main page at the bottom, you can view all the members who are logged in. Mods in RED and Admins in BLUE. But sometimes I've seen FBJ in YELLOW. Reason?

Ok, I'm been here almost a year and just noticed the little boxes under the Sig with terms like "Spurl", "Furl", "Wong", etc. What they h*ll are these?

I'll cover your back mate!
icon_bat.gif

Boy this sure clears up alot, but i still dont have a clue what the hell im doin?

Its been a few years and I've figured out a bunch of stuff here - especially since my status has changed but I have a query about one more thing.

I've noticed sometimes at the bottom of some threads somethig called "linkbacks" - seen alot of them at the bottom of the 'This Day in...." threads. What are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back