Idiot's Guide to Forums

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I've only been on forums for a few months and I've noticed some terms that took awhile to understand. Forgive me for being a newbie but I thought someone might explain the meanings of some of these terms. Thanks.

What exactly are the meanings of:

Siggy -

Sticky Thread

Spamming

Again thanks. I just don't want to spam with my siggy while posting on a sticky. :lol:

Siggy - Signature pic --> like the ones you have (or I have)

Sticky Thread --> thread that is always at the top as it contains something of interest, look in most of the forums and you will see them

Spamming --> posting repeatedly in different threads with the same thing (like the advertising bots) or just posting lots of crap to get your post count up (like Healz)...

Gnomey said:
or just posting lots of crap to get your post count up (like Healz)...
32142.jpg

Thanks! I wasn't sure about spamming and was hoping I wasn't attracting the Thread Police. Any others come along and I'll ask. Thanks.

Everybody MUST know what a MOD and ROCKER is, right?

Your slipping Les, I expected a more smart a** response :lol:
It's the age shining through micdrow..... :evil4:

Mods and Rockers
The Mods and Rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early-mid 1960s.

Gangs of mods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups were seen as folk devils. The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits. By late 1966, the two subcultures had faded from public view and media attention turned to two new emerging youth subcultures - the hippies and the skinheads.

I guess that some residents here in the sunny uk will get all nostalgic and tear up now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back