Jet bird strike. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny

Attachments

• jet_bird_01.jpg
    jet_bird_01.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 232
  • jet_bird_02.jpg
    jet_bird_02.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 344
  • jet_bird_03.jpg
    jet_bird_03.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 228
  • jet_bird_07.jpg
    jet_bird_07.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 638
Do you think it is interesting to post something like that or not?

Sunny

Heck ya! Keep em comin'. There is a whole branch of aerospace engineering, ground maintenance, airport operations that do nothing but deal with zonal analysis, procedural reaction and habitat prevention of bird strikes.

I had one go through the windscreen! The one below did not go through the windscreen all the way, but parts of him got sucked through the small hole and went all over the pilot. Feathers and blood spewed into the back. I was picking feathers out of my flight helmet after the flight! :lol:

Attachments

• Birdstrike7.JPG
    Birdstrike7.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 397
Naw it was not that great afterall. Parts of the bird flew into No. 1 engine and it had to be checkout. They had to scope the engine and everything. Turned out okay but then it had to be flushed and everything.

Heck ya! Keep em comin'. There is a whole branch of aerospace engineering, ground maintenance, airport operations that do nothing but deal with zonal analysis, procedural reaction and habitat prevention of bird strikes.
I did that when I got into ATC it was great job a Dodge truck a shotgun, boxes of shells a 2 mile runway hence no speed limit , We used noisemaker shells to scare the deer from under the VASIS where they liked the heat . Almost lost my hearing when I was changing the propane tanks on the noise cannons was instructed to clear the Runway for departing traffic so I parked beside the noise cannon and partook of my favourite activity of watching 2 F4's depart '...the AB's kicked in at the same time as the noise cannon went off in the open window of the truck
:shock:

Anyone ever see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Sean Connery and Harrison Ford were on the ground getting harassed by a Me-109, so Connery scared a ton of birds into the air and they wrecked the plane!

It is real my friends. To many birds hitting the wrong spot on an aircraft can bring her down.

We had one that lost an engine in flight because a big as bird of prey flew through it. The engine pretty much exploded (not so dramatic though).

I have had a flock of birds like in those movies take off when were flying real low to the ground and we hit about 10 of them at the same time. Blood stains and dents all over the nose of the aircraft.

I live near McGuire AFB, and they have their own team of Falconers that try to scare the birds away with the falcons. it's neat :)

Here are 3 more pics that I have taken that I found in my thousands of pics. I have a lot more. These are not as nasty as the ones above though.

The one below is a bird that hit the door gun.

The next one is a bird that somehow made it into the hydraulic deck. That could have been nasty if it had gotten stuck in the flight controls.

The next one is a bird that made it into the engine.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 198
  • bird in deck2.JPG
    bird in deck2.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 188
  • dont worry about that little guy.JPG
    dont worry about that little guy.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 184
Wow Chris, that's pretty wild!

My Flight for Life helicopter got a bad birdstrike a few years before I started working there, I would still find down feathers in floorboards. I guess the crew was transporting an infant and the bird came in through the right windshield and splatted against the rear bulkhead. Luckily they were transporting an infant so no EMT was sitting in the right rear jump seat. The flight nurse was in the aft left seat and the bird missed her head by a few feet. I once spoke to her about it and she said she didn't realize they took a birdstrike, she said she thought the baby "exploded" :shock:

Birds are dangerous man!

We had one come in through my open window, go right past my head and splatter on my helmet bag. I did not realize it until we landed and I saw the ****** guts and all over the bag.

We just had a bird strike in my squadron last week. My buddy flew into a flock that he couldn't see because it was a night flight. Crushed the alum spinner and but a nice dent in the horizontal stab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back