Kit Wish List

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JohnAnthony

Senior Airman
Jul 26, 2010
So what kits are you eyeing for your stash, looking to build someday?

One of mine is the Special Hobby 1/48 BR.20 - I love the Italian camo scheme but I just don't have the airbrush skills to pull it off. :( Maybe someday...

cicogna1.jpg

My goal is to build at least one of each type of Night Fighter used in WW2. I currently have an example from each major country but still looking. :)

A noble cause! Which reminds me of another "wish list" kit - the Italeri Tigercat. Check out this site for a great video of a restored Tigercat...

Grumman F7F-3P Tigercat Warbird Airplane Videos and Pictures - Living Warbirds: The Best Warbird Airplane Videos - World War II Airplanes to Modern Jet Fighters - FREE - Warbird Videos, Warbird Pictures, Warbird Information, Vintage Military Aircraft

I just wish that Revell would re-release the 1/32nd scale Mosquito BIV, so that I can convert one to the FBVI .......are you reading this Mr. Revell ???!!!

I want a 1/48 Me-410.

I saw the Pro-modeler one at one of my local stores but the owner had tracked it down for someone and has two others waiting for the same kit.

I have been after the Dragon 1:72 Horten IX for atleast 10 years -am always seeing it advertised in their catalogues (this year included), but no-one seems to be able to order it, no reviews for it on the net either...

I have been after the Dragon 1:72 Horten IX for atleast 10 years -am always seeing it advertised in their catalogues (this year included), but no-one seems to be able to order it, no reviews for it on the net either...

Evan, I'm not sure but the Dragon kit might have been re-boxed and offered by Revell.

Revell 1/72 Horten Go229

I've already built a squadrons line-up from 1915, have a wardrobe full to busting and a friend who is moving house and is threatening to off load a room full of kits on me...................mmmmmmmmmmmm so where do I go from here.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I want a 1/48 Me-410.

I saw the Pro-modeler one at one of my local stores but the owner had tracked it down for someone and has two others waiting for the same kit.

Don't trust that kit. Mine was a mess.

Love a 1/48 FW 190D or even in 1/32. Have none at the moment.

and Wayne, I'm with ya. I have stopped buying any models for 2 years now. I have far too many.

There are too friggin' many....and I already got plenty!!!:lol::lol:

That's what YOU think. I've got the perfect kit for you! HobbyBoss is coming out next month with a 1/72 Dora Railway gun.

dorap.jpg

From Squadron's November catalogue...

Krupp's 2nd 1350 tonne WWII era railway heavy siege gun. Kit consists of 1767 parts and features accurately molded massive dual-hull superstructure, 4 bogie span bolsters (with asymmetric left and right assemblies), control room, and complex gun carriage - all supporting an exceptional weapon with rifled barrel. Also includes injection-molded railings and ladders, shells, charges, 2 ammunition elevators, display base (side-by-side railway tracks with bed), plus photo-etch parts (6 frets including walkways and load bearing platform elements). Assembled gun is adjustable in elevation (includes breech ballast for balance) and completed length is approximately 43.75".

:shock:

Last edited:
I've got a stash of at least 20 unbuilt planes and half again as many unbuilt 1/700 waterline ships. And I normally blanch when I see the pricetags on most models today. But there are a few thing's I'd sell my two granddaughters for:

(1) A reissue of the old Williams Brothers 1/32 Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk USS Macon airship fighter with photo-etched pieces and sheet styrene allowing you to create a diorama of the plane in the airship's hangar.
(2) A good styrene 1/24 Polikarpov I-16
(3) A good styrene 1/24 scale Me-163 or Bachem Natter
(4) A good 1/48 or 1/32 He-112B
(5) A large, accurate (1/400 or 1/350) plastic kit of USS Macon or any other rigid airship (there have never been any good plastic airship kits, period)
(6) ditto the above in 1/700 scale
(7) A 1/32 Aichi Seiran complete with catapult and appropriate deck/superstructure sections of an I-400 submarine

That's what YOU think. I've got the perfect kit for you! HobbyBoss is coming out next month with a 1/72 Dora Railway gun.

dorap.jpg

Krupp's 2nd 1350 tonne WWII era railway heavy siege gun. Kit consists of 1767 parts and features accurately molded massive dual-hull superstructure, 4 bogie span bolsters (with asymmetric left and right assemblies), control room, and complex gun carriage - all supporting an exceptional weapon with rifled barrel. Also includes injection-molded railings and ladders, shells, charges, 2 ammunition elevators, display base (side-by-side railway tracks with bed), plus photo-etch parts (6 frets including walkways and load bearing platform elements). Assembled gun is adjustable in elevation (includes breech ballast for balance) and completed length is approximately 43.75".

Good try...not gonna happen.....:D:D:D

dorap.jpg

I just got their catalog in today, and I agree!

Well I just pre-ordered it, lol. Thought it about it for a few days after I got the catalogue - it was eating away at my brain saying, "John, you know you want me, you know you do," Yeah, I'm not susceptible to glitzy advertising...I can't build the thing though - maybe someday I'll have the skills for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back