Little Belgian boy saluting Canadian Troops

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great vid. Sometimes it seems to me that children of the countries like Belgium and the Netherlands know more about the Canadians' role in their liberation than most Canadian kids of the same generation.

Agreed, Mike...wonder how many would have seen him and said "just another little kid" without returning the salute? That's a vid the parents should NEVER lose (of course, its on the internet, so its here for good!)!!! :salute:

The whole of Northern France into Belgium is dotted with Canadian cemeteries from the second world war. BTW my address when I worked in Paris was "Rue Halifax, Place de Canadiens" I found out that it was on the site of a WWI Canadian military hospital and every year the Canadian Military have a concert there, which is great. What wasnt so great was the fireworks they let off after at 1AM we lived on the 10th floor and were bleedin close to the cloud busters My 1yr old daughter wasnt impressed lol

The French Belgians Dutch and Norwegians havnt forgotten occupation, there is a christmas tree in Trafalgar square to prove it. Ive spoken to a few Norwegians about it. Its their pride to give it and our honour to recieve it, nothing more needs to be said.

Last edited:
When I saw the little boy dressed as a Black Watch (well, I assume it was that regiment), I thought : "How nice from him... he even got the uniform."

But seeing the squad leader returning the salute made it so much cooler.

Yep, I think that Europeans know more about their history than North-Americans do... or seems to care.

:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back