Lost my little Tinkerbell today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
Today I had to have my sweet Chihuahua Tinkerbell to sleep. She was a wonderful "Bark Angel" and now my heart is broken at losing her. I had her for 9 years after my sister-in-law had abandoned her for nearly 2 years. My mother asked me to give her a home in 2013 and I gave her the best life possible. Her health was failing and after she had two seizures today the decision had to be made. I gave her agood life and she deserved a dignified passing. the first photo was when I brought her home and the second is the most recent one.

You did right. Cold comfort, those words, I know.

I fear that night with my own Blackie.

Share some more pics if you have the heart to do so, she looks like a sweetheart.

You did right. Cold comfort, those words, I know.

I fear that night with my own Blackie.

Share some more pics if you have the heart to do so, she looks like a sweetheart.
Thank you. I knew before hand that it was the only right decision to make. The right decisions are the hardest ones to make emotionally but you do it out of love. I still miss each of departed "babies" and each one has their own special places in my heart. A heart that has no room for "new" bark angels is a dead heart. In time even though at 72 I probably shouldn't consider adding another one, I most likely will even it it will outlast me this time.

Last edited:

And you can raise the puppy, and teach it early about love. And even if it outlives you, you'll have given it a good start while your own days are brightened. I bet Tinkerbell would get it.

Users who are viewing this thread