Macchi C 200 w.i.p.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
some more pictures, the engine is almost complete, finally:

From the backside you can see the exhaust collectors
DSCN0821-vi.jpg

the engine itself and its cowling are a module that will be attached to the aeroplane after painting.
DSCN0817-vi.jpg

DSCN0818-vi.jpg

DSCN0819-vi.jpg

I said "almost" complete because I still have to find a solution for the other cowling elements, those with the bulges.
I tried with hot pressing, but it didn't worked (or at least my skills aren't enough).
So I', left with two option:
- use kit items and leave them on the floor next to the aeroplane which is under maintenance.
My little diorame will be like this:
meccanici-vi.jpg

- try something else I never did before: vacu-forming, does anyone has a suggestion on how to build a simple vacu-forming device?
Besides the above, any other comment is welcome.
Cheers
Alberto

Look'in very NICE there Al.I have heard of people making them but have never delved into it myself.Cheers Kevin

Hi,
still waiting for some good weather, I decided to do my own replica of the San Giorgio type gunsight.
As a model I used this 1:1 replica done by modeller Maurizio Di Terlizzi
SanGiorgioB-vi.jpg
SanGiorgioB1-vi.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures, unfortunately only one is at right focus
DSCN0827rev-vi.jpg

DSCN0829rev-vi.jpg

To give an idea about the size, consider that the diameter is 2.5 mm and the height of the body is 3.5 mm.
I need to try to reposition the blue glass on the top that's too distant from the body.
Any comment/suggestion is more then welcome.
Cheers
Alberto

Alberto, I am most envious of your scatch-building prowess. Keep it up.... can't wait to see the finished product!

Hi,
here I'm with a few new pictures

To start with, the first coat of "verde mimetico"
DSCN0850-vi.jpg

Because I'm planning to do this livery:
MC20054st2-vi.jpg

next steps will be to spray thatches of "giallo mimetico" (mimetic yellow) and, over them, smaller thatches of "bruno mimetico" (mimetic brown).
I think it will be very challenging!

Nest two pictures concern the figurines I'm planning to put next to the airplane in alittle diorama.

DSCN0851-vi.jpg

DSCN0855-vi.jpg

The pilot sitting on the crate has been obtained by converting the German pilot of this kit.

figurini-vi.jpg

Last photo is on the accessories that, after weathering will be part of the layout.

DSCN0853-vi.jpg

Besides the above, I've a little problem to make decals for black numbers with white outline, because my printer doesn't print white, do you have any suggestion?
Thanks in adavance
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back