Macchi C 200 w.i.p.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
here I'm with a few more pictures, this time with some decal added.

DSCN0932-vi.jpg
DSCN0930-vi.jpg

DSCN0929-vi.jpg
DSCN0933-vi.jpg

Wing and fuselage fasces are from the kit while the tiger emblem and the number on landing gear cover are self-made.
To get the right contrast for the yellow and light blue on the tiger, I had to paint a white background.
Now I have to find a solution for the "squadriglia" and individual number "169-5"
The issue is on the white outline. I tried with drawing ink but it didn't worked so far; I will try again but I'm afraid the only solution will be to paint on white decal paper and very carefully cut each number.

Of course I still have to add those small details like machine guns barrels, pitot and Venturi tube etc., plus cowling components and then give some ageing and weathering to everything.

I'm not too happy for the camouflage mottling. The pattern is correct for a machine built by Aer Macchi in 1941, but the mottling itself should have been more dense.
Honestly I'm not too good with free-hand airbrush.

Any comment/suggestion is more then welcome.

Cheers
Alberto

You've done a pretty good job there Alberto.

Are you saying that the brown mottle has a bit of overspray effect?
If this is the case, one way I would fix this problem is a well thinned application of the Green around the mottle, working from the centre of the green pattern very carefully towards and around the edge of the brown to blend the mottles together a bit more.

Very nice result Alberto, and I agree with Wayne about getting the mottling right. Practice on some scrap first, the trick being to keep the 'brush under light pressure and moving at all times. This way, you can 'walk' the paint line to where you want it, with more control than 'on-off' with the trigger.

Many thanks to both Wayne and Terry for their suggestions.
I probably didn't explained the issue in the correct way.
In reality the issues are two.
First the Brown color is too much blended with the yellow: it has to be blended but not as much. I'm away from Milan for a few days, but when I get back, I'm already planning to tray to spray some more Brown over the existing mottle.
I think it should result more evident as it will be sprayed on the Future coat.
I will post new photos when available.
The second issue cannot be solved, without cleaning everything down to the bare plastic because, according to documents on this camo, the mottles should be more close one each-other and there is not enough space to add new ones.
Cheers
Alberto

Many thanks to both Wayne and Terry for their suggestions.

I will post new photos when available.

Hi,
here are some additional photos.
The mottling has been a bit improved even if not yet optimal.
DSCN0998-vi.jpg

DSCN0999-vi.jpg

Additionally I started positioning other elements of the little diorama.
DSCN1005-vi.jpg

An airman dealing with the engine
DSCN1010-vi.jpg

An other one repairing a component (still to be painted)
DSCN1006-vi.jpg

And a pilot with his dog and a good bottle of Italian wine.
DSCN1009-vi.jpg

Figurines are converted German/British kits while the ladder and the table are scratch-built.

Of course there is still a lot to do before this work will be complete, but I think I'm on right track.
Cheers
Alberto

Not yet complete, I still have to do the vacu-form cowlings but, in the mean time, I did some weathering, added side glass to the cockpit and decided the final arrangement of the diorama.
Here same additional photos
DSCN1034-vi.jpg

DSCN1036-vi.jpg

DSCN1040-vi.jpg

DSCN1050-vi.jpg

DSCN1044-vi.jpg

DSCN1048-vi.jpg

DSCN1043-vi.jpg

DSCN1052-vi.jpg

DSCN1053-vi.jpg

Cheers
Alberto