Macchi C 200 w.i.p.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, the camo!!!
Here following the second step, still to be completed with a second hand of yellow colour to thicken and widen the thatches:
DSCN0861-vi.jpg

DSCN0859-vi.jpg

DSCN0860-vi.jpg

And, after the yellow, the brown should follow.
Cheers
Alberto

Beautiful work Alberto. I had the same problem for white outlined black decals. I just made the black decals, then hand-painted the outline using acrylic paint, then sealed it with a clear acrylic spray. Seems to work ok.

Beautiful work Alberto. I had the same problem for white outlined black decals. I just made the black decals, then hand-painted the outline using acrylic paint, then sealed it with a clear acrylic spray. Seems to work ok.
Hi Terry, many thanks for the suggestion. I will try to follow it if I don't find anything already made (I still have to search in Luftwaffe numbers, may be they are available there.
By the way, here following are some pictures with the mottling done.

First of all the real aircraftl:

C200_1695-vi.jpg

As can be seen, the mottling isn't clearly defined as in the profile

MC20054st2-vi.jpg

but is a lot more confused, so even more challenging (at least for me)

DSCN0914-vi.jpg

DSCN0915-vi.jpg

DSCN0916-vi.jpg

DSCN0917-vi.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it can be done in a better way, but that's what I I've been able to do.

Next, possibly tomorrow, two layers of Future and then, start with decals!
Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
thanks all for your comment.
In the meantime I prepared my decal sheet:
MacchiC200-vi.jpg

For the outline of numerical code (165-9) I will try with white drawing ink, did someone ever used it on decals?
Using drawing ink will be like going back to school ...
Cheers
Aberto

It should work Ok Alberto, especially if used in something like a Rotaring pen. It may need two applications to achieve density if doing it on the decal sheet, and, of course, the sheet will need (preferably) two coats of an acrylic clear varnish sprayed onto it before use.

A few more pictures as I completed the landing gear and added the white band and the Savoy cross on the fin.

DSCN0922-vi.jpg

DSCN0923-vi.jpg

DSCN0924-vi.jpg

Again I must say thanks to my cat Maya who let me some space on the sun to take the pictures!

Cheers for now.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back