Malware issue on server - Fixed but scan your systems (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have been frustrating with Windows since XPs came up as they not only eat much RAM but frequent updates are requested beside the virus problem.

The best solution will be Mac but they are generally expensive though I am targeting a used G3.
I began testing Linux family OSs from yesterday as a transitional solution.
I guess this is not the time for Windows anymore, anyway.

A Linux which is bootable from a CD ROM may be good.
Test image attached.

I may use it only when I want to browse Internet.
This looks safer.

Attachments

• 00S.jpg
    00S.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 83
If you reset ( deleted) cookies with your net browser ( Firefox, IE etc....) you have to log in again. It's something normal.

I have been frustrating with Windows since XPs came up as they not only eat much RAM but frequent updates are requested beside the virus problem.

The best solution will be Mac but they are generally expensive though I am targeting a used G3.
I began testing Linux family OSs from yesterday as a transitional solution.
I guess this is not the time for Windows anymore, anyway.

They're not too bad if you look at the big picture. Viruses, while they sometimes target the Mac platform, are a fraction of what is lurking for Windows users. I have never had any infection on any of my Macs in the 23 years I have been using them. There are more than enough Mac programs for what I use, and most of them are written better than their Windows counterparts.

I am currently using an Intel iMac. I am using Boot Camp to run Windows XP in a partition on my hard drive. I consider this Mac as being 2 funtional computers. There is no speed hit because it is literally making a PC on that partition. I use the Mac side for 90% of the time, and the XP side when I need to use a Windows-specific application. G3 Macs can run Windows through a number of emulation programs, but they can take a speed hit.

tom

Thanks, machine shop tom.
That is the advice I needed.
It's x86 version, isn't it?

I'm currently attempting the dual(triple, precisely) boot with Linux but I'll try yours soon.
Many thanks for the good advice again.

Attachments

• Screen.JPG
    Screen.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 91
A Linux which is bootable from a CD ROM may be good.
Test image attached.

I may use it only when I want to browse Internet.
This looks safer.

That's Ubuntu and I now use it as my standard OS. Works fine for me. You should also take a look at Linux Mint, a very nice distro, already coming with all the codecs etc.

Last edited:
Thanks Marcel for your good advice.
I will try install Linux Mint 8 Helena on my another sleeping PC:)
I think Linux is very handy to use as its command is alike MSDOS.
But the best thing is they are free.

Thanks, machine shop tom.
That is the advice I needed.
It's x86 version, isn't it?

I'm currently attempting the dual(triple, precisely) boot with Linux but I'll try yours soon.
Many thanks for the good advice again.

Yes the XP is the 32-bit, x486 version.

You can run other OSs with boot camp as well, which ones I am not up on.

tom

Hello machine shop tom:)

Thanks for your kind advice again.
I have had a dozen of x86 cd/dvd discs now to test which is the best one for my PC.
I also had more Linux discs to enjoy.

I will forget Windows soon:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back