Malware!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can someone explain, in a language that my pea-brain can understand, what the risk is with going on this site daily? My IE 7 on Medium Security and McAfee has not picked up anything but I do get warnings when I enter the site from Google.

Do we know what part(s) is infected? Any advise on what we should or should not open? I'm a little uneasy about coming here in the meantime.

B-17, on Firefox you can go to Tools - Options - Security. Unclick the block reported sites option.
Been doing comprehensive scans by Norton 360 and have yet to find anything

Can someone explain, in a language that my pea-brain can understand, what the risk is with going on this site daily? My IE 7 on Medium Security and McAfee has not picked up anything but I do get warnings when I enter the site from Google.

Do we know what part(s) is infected? Any advise on what we should or should not open? I'm a little uneasy about coming here in the meantime.

You should be safe, as long as you don't click on any ads or anything like that. Also if you have your security systems set up, nothing can happen to your PC unless you enable it to do so.

As far as I know David has fixed the problem, but we need Google to remove the site from the attack warning.

My anti virus scan does not find anything either.

Google Chrome still blocking the site, and I can't by-pass this, but I can access via Yahoo, if the 'accept' box is ticked on the red warning page.
McAfee has detected the threat once only so far.

ABW, Anti-virus is a bit like anything else in this world, some people hate ford, others would have nothing else
been using Norton for about 10+ years and never had a problem with it. Only complaint was that it used to chew up a lot of CPU time and also was/is a pain to install. Most of that was fixed in 2009. PC Mag and several others rate Norton in the top 3 and for 2010 PC gave it their editors choice award.
I also scan with Counter Spy about once a week. So I'm satisfied

Norton is by far not the worst AV I've ever run. It has, in the past, had a tendency to get big and bloated, and severely bog down a PC when scanning. I hear the latest versions have slimmed down quite a bit. McAffee, in my past experience, is about one step better than not having an AV program at all. Kaspersky, well, I've cleaned viruses off of systems that had up to date definitions in Kaspersky. I'll never recommend that program. Personally, I've found the free-ware to be just as good as any of the top players: AVG, ZoneAlarm, or Microsoft's Security Essentials (currently running this one). I've got MSSE set to full-scan my system every night around 11pm, after checking for and installing updates first. Since Google started flagging ww2aircraft as infected, I've turned off the "block suspected sites", and MSSE has come up each morning with a clean bill of health. Hopefully the ad that was causing the issues has been identified by Google/whomever, and nuked...but it hasn't caused any issues on my system. And, for the most part, viruses have to be invited in. They don't just install themselves. You have to click on something, be it an infected site, email, or file. If you're not sure, don't click.

I always set my Norton 360 for comprehensive scan of the whole jolly lot every night, I also tick the box for it to turn off the computer when done, never any problems here either....

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back