Marcel's photo's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice photos Marcel, always like snooping around someone elses neighborhood. I'm also going to look at the RAW option. With my Canon, I have the option of taking a RAW and JPEG photo at the same time though I'm sure that would use a lot of memory.

Geo

It does George, but the pros out weigh the cons in my opinion. Especially when editing because the PS Elements will draw information from the raw file even when editing the jpg file. So you tend to get a much better job.
Just my two cents.

Haven't been able to snap much pictures, haven't even had time to be on the forum. But I was ordening my pictures and decided to use Darktable on some older JPG's in my library.
This was 2011 when I was working at the University of UCDavis, California for some weeks. Yosimite was at driving distance, what a great place to be. I envy Dave, Eric and the others to live in such an amazing place as California.

Would love to come again, but it won't be in the near future, I'm afraid. Trying to get to Boston again in May, though. Last two times I visited Chris, so if anybody would like to meet, I'm all ears :) Not that I don't want to go to Chris again, but maybe I shouldn't bother him every year?

yosimete.jpg

Boston May 2014, did not do lens correction, I kinda like it this way :) :
boston.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dave and yes, that's why I put them together.

California is great. I enjoyed every minute of being there. The weather was great and the landscape was great. Would really love to go there again some time. This picture was a little hard to make, because of big contrast between light and shadow. For the ones who have never been there, the peak in the middle is called 'Half Dome' and dominates the Yosemite valley.

With the picture in Boston I remember the strange light effects when being in the city. On this particular spot there was a kind of golden light shining on the old town hall. I wanted to capture that. With the tall buildings it gives a sort of frog's perspective, enhanced by the lens distortion which makes the buildings on the side bend a little to the middle. Normally I would correct that distortion, but sometimes I leave it for effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back