Me-109 found in Norway

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

that will be sendt to the museum up north in bode when and if salvaged. as it will go for spare parts for the 109 under restoration up there ( who knows..maybe they will end up with two 109`s :) i am at the museum in south 8 same museum but different department..and thank god i dont have to deal with another saltwater wreck.. the freshwater 88 is more than job enough..and i remember clearly what happened to the mint Ju 88 we brought out of saltwater.. turns into salt pretty quick. saltmolecyls are smaller han aluminummolecyls so the penetrate the skin..looks good on outside but inside its eaten up like canser..its quite a process to stop that..and exspensive.. but the steel parts hould be in mint condition as in salwater the sluminum protects the steel by been the "giver"..they corrode while the steel stays intact.. in freshwater its the other way round..aluminum survives but steel goes ( elechtrolyte process..i am sure more guys in here know more about it ) but still a nice find :)

a picture to show what happened with the "mint" Fw 190 A3 that was brought up last year..its just disintegrating into itself eaten up by the salt..

Attachments

• P1080282.JPG
    P1080282.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 106
I would love to help work on one of these projects. Since I have an A&P, I wonder if I can get on as a volunteer with a group in the states or something. That would be so fun and rewarding. Lots of work for sure, but still very rewarding...

What a cool video, thank you v2!

I must admit I'm really puzzled realizing that plane is 'perfectly' nailed vertically into mud :shock:
I see that for the first time, and I can't imagine how this happened...

My guess is that, based on the story, the pilot managed to "pancake" in, the plane floated long enough for him to get out, then as it sank the weight of the engine plus the natural streamlines of the wings/tail caused the plane to nose-down as it sank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back