Me-110G-2....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hi guys, as stated earlier my next non-group build, build (if you could follow that your good!) is going to be a Me-110G-2.

I'm curious if there are any suggestions for specific aircraft I should build? I don't really like the scheme options Revell gives me. Also sources for decals would be appreciated!

H ~

Just look through Jan's lengthy thread and fotos and ask questions there should be plenty to give you ideas. the only cheap book that has any decent pics is probably Ospreys book on the subject matter other than much larger but better fotos in several German language books, but you will pay through the nose.

I was thinking of buying Schiffer's book on the Me-410 and 110 its nearly 400 pages and I found it for 12 dollars...amazon has it for 50. Also will have a look through Jans thread!

This from Jan's thread is interesting..

Lt Richard Heller, 9/ZG-26 (8/40), III/ZG-76 (2/41), 8/ZG-26 (11/41), Stfkpt 2/JGr-10 (4/45) Bf 110C, Bf 110E-2 Wk# 4431(lost 9/43), Bf 110G-2 Wk# 6371 (lost 10/43).

KIA 5 April, 1945 hit by flak during a low level attack near Wülferinge/Harz. Injured in a crash at Gobi in Werk # 4431 on 27 September, 1943. Injured a 2nd time in Wk# 6371 on 9 October, 1943, crashing at Kiel after aerial combat. 5 victories in the Desert, 17 in the West. His first known victory, a Spitfire during the Battle of Britain, on 26 August, 1940. A 2nd, a Spitfire on 31 August, 1940, no location. A 3rd, a Spitfire over England on 26 September, 1940. In the desert on 15 July, 1941, Hptm Müncheberg came to his rescue, downing a Hurricane of RAF No. 73 Sq., which had latched onto his tail. His RK was awarded mainly for his escot work for Ju 87's, especially during July, 1941, when he downed three Hurricanes, and no Ju 87's were lost. He and gunner Uffz Mühlbrodt was shot down by a P-40 on 24 November, 1941. Heller was wounded in the left hand. Shot down with wounds in Werk # 6371, 9 October, 1943, opposing U.S. bombers during the Münster raid. This same day, he managed to down 3 B-17's in the Kielerförde/Schauberg area. A P-38 45 km SE of Livuk on 10 May, 1944.

the P-38 kill is probably debateable

the schiffer work I would conclude would be excellent for your library as two of the main fighting Pulk killers switched from the Bf 110G-2 to the Me 410A/B

there is a 4-volume set being completed, think 1-3 are done and published on the night/day fighter units flying twin engines each volume is broken up by year I do believe, but am trying to remember the complete title and the two authors names, the volumes are in German quite a pictorial record from what I hear; might be sold through online and via Christian-Schmidt verlag ?

there is a 4-volume set being completed, think 1-3 are done and published on the night/day fighter units flying twin engines each volume is broken up by year I do believe, but am trying to remember the complete title and the two authors names, the volumes are in German quite a pictorial record from what I hear; might be sold through online and via Christian-Schmidt verlag ?

Are you thinking of these Erich?

Die Deutsche Luftwaffe - Zerstörer und Nachtjagdverbände Teil 1

Die Deutsche Luftwaffe - Zerstörer und Nachtjagdverbände Teil 2

Publishers Website

yes it came into my mind about the 4 volumes this morn on a very hot spin on the bike, you are correct Maxi. choose wisely though there is so much coverage on the ZG and NF units it is confusing actually to pick which volume would be best suited for the needs in finding a Pulk killer; much is covering the NJG units both 110G's and Ju's

H ~ is that Peter Petrick's work ? if so note that you will own one of the most prominent WW 2 photographers books in the world, Peters photo collection is unreal, in fact the only pic I have of my NF cousin - Hans Baer is in his collection standing in front of their Do 217N-1

yes and you will love the book, more of a photo album than anything, I do not have the book but have heard good reviews after this was first published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back