Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! Bit better now so plan to start the Grossbombe today, just comparing kits for accuracy (the Academy kit will most likely be the 'victim' :) )

Cheers Bob!

Ok, latest progress: the Academy kit is OUT, alot of mistakes shape and sizewise. Luckily they got certain details (more or less) right that Revell didn't, so will be cannibalised for parts.

Build now stands as: Grossbombe - old Revell A-1a; Me 262A-2a/U2 Führungsflugzeug - new B-1a/U1.

Of the old kit, only the fueslage halves were previously assembled, single seat canopy insert added, and undercarriage wells removed, nothing else.
Insert since removed, plus forward cowl (to fit scratchbuilt fueslage plug), fueslage sanded to better form (upper nose and fueslage profile too 'sharp'), u/c doors added, and initial sanding completed, to be rescribed and finished when I attend to the control surfaces.

Of the Führungsflugzeug, kit nose removed. (one tail half too to test fit Academy item, but rethought the modification - back in place, awaiting filling and sanding)

Evan

STA52075.JPG
STA52073.JPG
STA52076.JPG
STA52095.JPG
STA52096.JPG

Dzieki my friend!

(Excuse the rough glue work of the u/c doors too! They stuck out like dogs b@lls - wanted the bond to be strong to withstand heavy sanding)

Cheers guys!

Yep Andy, using electrical tape as can't get the Dymo tape here that alot of people seem to use. Does the job IMO.

More progress made (styrene fueslage plug in place and in process of being sanded down), but camera batteries died - pics up ASAP! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back