Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tack Jan! Ivett (girlfriend) was crook today so no playing with thinners...

Working on various Dora 9 and 262 details that can be done quietly in the kitchen (including beheading the Academy 262 for trial fit of nose) - pics up when camera batteries recharged.

Very interesting project, Evan. You certainly didn't pick the easy option with this one. Looking forward with great anticipation to how it turns out.

Thanks Gerry and Daniel! (Great to see ya around mate! :D )

As ya's have seen, Braunen 4 has been taking all my attention recently, but hopefully will get into the plug filling in the next couple of days.

Btw, here's the trial fit of the Academy nose on the Führungsflugzeug - 'slight' difference between the two as you can see... will work something out...

STA52771.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers guys, much apppreciated! :D

Luckily the top section won't be needed, so there will be room to play...
Btw, chose the Academy nose as the nose cap is too wide for a 262, but hopefully wide enough for the A-2a/U2 nose glazing. If not, I'll work something from scratch.

...As Dwight once put it (relating to his extremely reworked He 45), 'my little zipperhead' :)

Cheers Cory, and Terry for the advice! The mesurement in depth is okay, top and bottom touch where they should, the problem area is mostly just in the width.
Will either use spacers as you say, or chop and match parts as form dictates. (sanding both sets of wings in the meantime)

G'day guys!

Not much to show, but work in progress on both sets of wings and Grossbombe plug.

Plug filled using Wojtek's method of sprue melted in Nitro thinners - great idea my friend, thanks! Leaving to dry overnight before sanding.

Still not happy with the undercarriage doors, especially those fitted to the wing I had cut the wells out of. This will be refilled, sanded and rescribed.

To be continued...

STA52782.JPG
STA52783.JPG
STA52784.JPG
STA52785.JPG
STA52795.JPG
STA52796.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back