Me109G-10 'Yellow 13' of 15./JG 27 Heinrich Bartels (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ratsel

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
Just some starting pics of Heinrich Bartels Me109G-10 'Marga'. As there are no known fotos of his G-10, I researched what a typical Mtt-Reg built 130 XXX block G-10 would look like camo scheme wise. I got a pretty good idea of it. They were also all small main wheel with the small bueles and long tailwheel units. Also in my research this a/c did have ' yellow 13' on the side of it. In regards to his trademark 'Marga' on the side of his aircraft, The 1964 recovery pics I've seen didn't show much.. let alone any significant detail, but everyother a/c Herr Bartels flew had his girlfriend/wife name on the side, so I would assume this one would be no different, so I will include it. Anyways hope this one turns out half as good as some of the other masterpieces I've seen here.

Just getting a feel for the fitment of this 32 year old Revell Me109G-10 1:48 kit. I must say, everything lines up very well, nice panel lines and very detailed.
Here you can see some of the aftermarket cockpit parts and superclear vac.formed Erla canopy sent to me from A4K (aka Evan). Very nice parts indeed!
SAM_0265.JPG

Heres a pic of the aftermarket cockpit floor/sides/and seat. Its a tad wide at the rear for this kit but nothing that can't be fixed.
SAM_0271.JPG

Last pic was the first order of buisness for me, to extend the tailwheel 20 scale centimeters. Not a big deal, I added some stock, put a collar on and plastic
welded everything together.
SAM_0268.JPG

Thanks guys! Just putting some colour on the cockpit, will post up some pics tomorow. :D

Ha ha thanks :D The colours are RLM 83/75/76 (late 1944). I'll post up a colour profile when its done (soon).

Sorry some are having problems.. And yes, I love that 'beat up' paint look on those two machines!

Anyways here I added some basic colours to the cockpit and some weathering. Not sure yet if I'll have the canopy open or closed,
but that will determine the amount of detail I'll get into. The grey is a custom mix of flat black light ghost grey. I feel that its
very close to the original colour.
SAM_0277.JPG

Some weathering applied.. hope its satisfactory..
SAM_0278.JPG

And the flight instument panel.. yikes!
SAM_0279.JPG

Yeah its not the best looking cockpit, but I'll add a few more details. I'm use to working on 1:5 / 1:4 not these little 1:48 lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back