Me109G-10 'Yellow 13' of 15./JG 27 Heinrich Bartels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. Also any critizisium would be apreciated. I'm gonna due a 'Bartels Last Flight' theme so he will be in the cockpit along with his mechanic helping him buckle in, so I'm not going to go to nuts on the cockpit detail.

Anyways: some weathering on the backside of the prop:

SAM_0281.JPG

Thanks! Was fooling around with the exhaust to see what works and what dosn't... I think this works.

SAM_0280.jpg

Opinions? Suggestions?

Yep.. nice work on these details. I would add some of blue/grey and black wash to these exhaust pipes. Did you use some of silver for weathering of the prop blades?
I'm not sure if it is correct because these blades were made of wood, as memo serves.

Looking good. One thing regarding the exhausts though - the front 'pipe' was painted, the colour being something similar to RLM04, with only slight staining, but no evidence, or at least little evidence, of burning. The remaining 'pipes' would be as you've done them but with Wojtek's additions.

Thanks for the tips on the exhaust, I square that up and add the details suggested. As for the propeller, I'm pretty sure the G's used only the vdm9-12087a standard or vdm9-12159a wideblade prop.. both of which were metal.

Metal propeller blades for sure.
On a slightly pedantic note the face of an airscrew facing the REAR of the aircraft is the front. The back of the airscrew therefore faces to the front of the aircraft. It seems counter intuitive but it is so.
You have correctly identified the front of the airscrew as the face which,for aerodynamic reasons beyond my understanding,always seems to be the face which gets scoured. There is a well known piccy of one of H-J Marseille's aircraft which seems to have virtually no paint at all left on this face.
Cheers
Steve

Yes. But this G-10 being stationed in Germany.. dirt blasted more likely :D

Found this foto:

5213743359_28701427a9_o.jpg

It tells a interesting story I would think....

Hey thanks buddy! your parts you sent me was a big help! :D I'll post more pics later tonight.

What made you go with the red legs? I'm not trying to start a debate about the engines fitted to various G-10s,I'm just interested.

For the late RLM 76 (or RLM 84,again I'm not trying to open that old can of worms!) I use British Sky with a little RLM 76 added.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Becouse Horst Petzschler's (R.I.P. my dear friend) Me109G-10 W.Nr.130 297 was in the same batch as Heinrich Bartels Me109G-10 W.Nr.130 359 and 130 297 used C3 fuel, the pictures I've seen shows red rims struts. All the pics I've seen of the Mtt-Reg 130 XXX batch shows C3 MW-50. Unfortunatly there are no known fotos of W.Nr.130 359 at this time.

As for the RLM 76/84 After seeing some very good colour slides of G-10's, and following Claes Sundins advice, I think I got it pretty darn close. Could you post a foto of your version of 76/84 please?

I did Grothues' G-14 AS with red legs for similar reasons a while ago.

Your 76/84 looks fine to me. I did some chips a while ago which I photographed. We have to take account of my ineptitude with a camera and the vagaries of computer monitors but they give an idea of what I use. We're only painting models and I don't consider myself a colour policeman!
My mixing is fairly approximate and I happily use something that looks like either of the middle two,ie Sky with the edge taken off.

76_84mix.gif

All colours are WEM Colourcoats sprayed onto plastic primed with grey Halfords Plastic Primer.

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back